• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Peq?

DairyCreamer

Hey all,

Is there any truth to the rumor that Pecos, TX (PEQ) is the home of some truly awesome burritos? Controllers in my area at Albuquerque ARTCC (where I work) say that Navy pilots go out of their way to head over there for a good bite.

Anyway... if any of you are flying around the Fort Stockton / Marfa / Pecos area and west past ELP to the Deming area, that's where I control nowadays. I see plenty of you Navy guys out there almost every day of the week, so, say hi to DairyCreamer (or Nate, it being my real name) when you're passing through!

~Nate

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Hey all,

Is there any truth to the rumor that Pecos, TX (PEQ) is the home of some truly awesome burritos? Controllers in my area at Albuquerque ARTCC (where I work) say that Navy pilots go out of their way to head over there for a good bite.

Anyway... if any of you are flying around the Fort Stockton / Marfa / Pecos area and west past ELP to the Deming area, that's where I control nowadays. I see plenty of you Navy guys out there almost every day of the week, so, say hi to DairyCreamer (or Nate, it being my real name) when you're passing through!

~Nate

Long time no see, welcome back.

So you are a real life air traffic controller? That's great to have someone with some experience from the other side of the radio around here.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Pecos ROCKS! Yes, stop there and get the burritos. Big chunks of steak, homemade. Man, they are good. The folks that run the FBO are really nice too.

Just go easy on the hot sauce if you're planning many hops after that stop...

MasterBates

Yes, the hot sauce was not too bad from PEQ to Phoenix, but about 1/2 way thru the penetration on the NZY Hi-TACAN I needed to go. NOW.

A couple wet ones had me doing a short-check after landing.

DairyCreamer

Yup, I'm a real life ATCS at ZAB nowadays. Still a developmental, but give me another year and a half or so and I should be a certified professional controller. Have a wife (zero kids so far) and an apartment in ABQ.

If ANY of you are interested in touring around the ARTCC to see what we do, let me know. I'd be more than happy to take some time to show you all around.

If I ever get a chance to visit PEQ for whatever reason, I will definitely be stopping by then. I just always thought "what a weird airport to land at." And then I was taught about the burritos.

~Nate