• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

people are getting more wierd every day

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Well the other version is:
Find'em
F'em
Forget'em

Tom Lykis would probably go with this one. He's against spending any money if possible. A true fountain of wisdom.....

Chubby

apollocreed.jpg

I wantcha to stick and move...He doesn't know it's a damn show. He thinks it's a damn fight. Now finish this bum and let's go home.

I don't know why, but whenever this topic of conversation is broached I think of this quote. (Obviously substitute the he's for she's)

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Wow. This entire page so far has been completely useless. Competing with my posts for the biggest waste of space. Back to tech writing....:banghead_

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I'm sure there is some psych or anthropology major on AW who can tell us why people who seemingly have a lot going for them (astronauts, investment bankers) do such idiotic things and, I suppose, believe they won't get caught!

Maybe they can tell me why I married a crazy psycho bitch from hell as my first wife? To get that check in the box?

Psych major here, though common sense applies just as well...Career/financial success need not imply common sense, sanity, or basic social or life skills. You know, now I mention it, the fact that our society requires a term such as "life skills" is pretty freakin' pathetic.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Psych major here, though common sense applies just as well...Career/financial success need not imply common sense, sanity, or basic social or life skills. You know, now I mention it, the fact that our society requires a term such as "life skills" is pretty freakin' pathetic.
Well you could justify it on the basis that a society has the duty mold its children into productive citizens...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Well, yeah. What I meant was that "life skills" are things that should be inherent in people, so that we don't need a term to reference them. You know, don't be a moron, pay your bills, eat three squares a day and don't piss on the walls. That kind of thing.