• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola to English Dictionary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope. We got a second Walmart in town that looks like Sam Walton himself built it. It's old-school... not a Super Walmart like you see everywhere.

WannaBEaP3gal

KBayDog said:
OH - and while I am jacking this thread - WTF is with the Escambia Co Sherriff car that is always parked, running, with its lights on in the median of Hwy 90 by West Florida Hospital? What is he doing, and how much is that costing the good taxpayers down there?

You may have your thread back now.

There was a pedestrian death at the crosswalk there a month ago, I think from a guy who ran a red light... all he does there is make people acknowledge that "Hey, there's a cop there... better be careful." However, he does nothing else, people still drive like idiots when he is there and there is nothing the cop can do about it because heaven forbid he look up from his newspaper that he is reading and do something about it. I drive by there every day, and not once have I actually seen the cop look up at the traffic...

peanut3479

pilot
I'll agree w/ Patmack as far as running red lights goes. Pensacola isn't that bad at all - the traffic lights in my hometown (in the midwest) have built-in delays (some as long as 2-3 seconds) between the red and the opposing green just to account for people running the red... :eek:

KBayDog

IceWoman04 said:
However, he does nothing else, people still drive like idiots when he is there and there is nothing the cop can do about it because heaven forbid he look up from his newspaper that he is reading and do something about it. I drive by there every day, and not once have I actually seen the cop look up at the traffic...

I pass him every day, too, and I do not see any change in driving habits either. Nor do I see him ever look at the traffic. Oh well. At least the pretty blue lights let me know that I am nearing civilization.

peanut3479

pilot
IceWoman04 said:
... all he does there is make people acknowledge that "Hey, there's a cop there... better be careful." However, he does nothing else, people still drive like idiots when he is there and there is nothing the cop can do about it because heaven forbid he look up from his newspaper that he is reading and do something about it.

Just like the FHPs that sit on I-10 and I-110 during rush hour, lights on and all - and people still slam on their brakes every day when they "suddenly" see a cop sitting in the median.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I-110 has got to be one of the most poorly designed interstates (if you can call it that) anywhere. Where does it go? There's never any traffic on it cause everyone drives the side streets instead. Just glad to be in Corpus now where people can drive.

KBayDog

Well, duh - if you'd follow it all the way down (and pick the correct exit of the three at the end) it goes right into a cemetery! You wouldn't expect it to feed into any kind of business district, airport, or shopping malls, would you?

beau

nittany03 said:
And of course we can't forget the famed "Pensacola Pull-out."

:D must be the only one who has his mind in the gutter on this one. Yeah, I've heard of it.....its so you stay single until you get to Primary. :icon_wink

Pensacola is a paridise compared to Meridian.....you should see spring break here! WOW, talk about boredom!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
beau said:
:D must be the only one who has his mind in the gutter on this one. Yeah, I've heard of it.....its so you stay single until you get to Primary. :icon_wink

Pensacola is a paridise compared to Meridian.....you should see spring break here! WOW, talk about boredom!

Jeez . . . I knew someone was going to turn that into something perverted as soon as I hit "post" :tapedshut . . . congrats beau, you win . . . for the record I didn't coin that phrase in any event.

kray1395

IceWoman04 said:
There was a pedestrian death at the crosswalk there a month ago, I think from a guy who ran a red light... all he does there is make people acknowledge that "Hey, there's a cop there... better be careful." However, he does nothing else, people still drive like idiots when he is there and there is nothing the cop can do about it because heaven forbid he look up from his newspaper that he is reading and do something about it. I drive by there every day, and not once have I actually seen the cop look up at the traffic...

He is pretty useless there. But I want to set the record straight. I remember it clearly because my wife works at West Florida and crosses that street everyday to walk to work. It was very foggy that morning accross all of Pensacola. On my way to Whiting I heard on the news that two women had been struck by a car as they were crossing the street. Immediately I called to see if my wife was ok, which she was, and found out that every man who has a loved one that works there was calling in too. Later, they were all told what actually happened.

The two ladies were waiting to cross the street over to the hospital and one driver, being a good samaritan was slowing down to stop and let them cross, even though the light was green. Another driver, who was the son of a nurse who worked there also, was coming up behind the first driver and changed lanes to pass him. Right after he changed lanes it was too late. Both ladies were struck and one died on the scene. Nothing illegal was done. So had the police officer been there it probably wouldn't have accomplished anything. The only thing that I guess it accomplishes now is that when people see him sitting there, they remember what happened and are more aware of people possibly crossing the street. He does run radar though because my detector goes bananas as I approach that area. My wife said one day last week she saw him suddenly take off after somebody to pull them over. So I guess he will get you if you do something stupid.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Ah, Milton...and this is the kind of car going 25 mph on the "supposed" highway!

milton.jpg

at least the rednecks admit it though....

redneck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.