• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Gun Shop

Rocky3168

can anyone recommend a shop down here in pensacola for handguns? im looking at glocks and springfields and just want to know if anyone has purchased one down here and had a good experience.

Thanks for the help.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mike's Outdoor Sports is where everyone tends to go, though they can be a bit rude sometimes.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Jerks!!! I went in there a few months ago and told myself never again.

On edit, I have never had a bad experience at Gulf Breeze Pistol Parlor.

EvilGN

pilot
the gun show is suppose to be here in March, thats at the fairgrounds. (Google florida gun show for details) Jay's guns out in Crestview gets good raves. There is also one at Navy and Pace that I can not remember the name of, but they are friendly.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
the gun show is suppose to be here in March, thats at the fairgrounds. (Google florida gun show for details) Jay's guns out in Crestview gets good raves. There is also one at Navy and Pace that I can not remember the name of, but they are friendly.

Navy and Pace is Jay's too. They are a bit expensive.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
Jay's also has a shop at 98 and Pace, I think. It's called Jay's II and you can find it on a search engine. They have a lot of stuff leaning more toward the "tactical" side for lack of a better term. You aren't going to find anything that's real special (for that I recommend McBride's guns in Austin, TX for you Corpus Christi types. You should see the $9,000 Browning Superposed they have there, it's gorgeous) but for what you say you are looking for, that's the place I'd go. Price's aren't anything special, but the folks there are friendly and helpful.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Pensacola Gun Shows suck sh!t. They're way overpriced... WAY overpriced.

Jay's I believe is owned by the same people that own Mike's. That or they are partners.

Tiltedsky

pilot
Gateswood Sports is the weirdest gun shop I have ever visited. 99.9% muzzle-loading stuff. I don't have anything nice to say about mikes either. Walked in, asked a question (hey do you have _______ is stock?), got laughed at, asked another question, got dumb look, left. Buck & Bass isn't bad, helpful-ish staff, kind of small but you might find what you are looking for. Oh yeah, Pensacola gun shows blow. The last one was ridiculously crowded. Is the one in Fort Walton any better?

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Jays is way freaking overpriced. They want at least 560 for stock Glocks, complete bullsh!t. I just bought a glock 19 from CDNN.com for 440......with night sights as well. If you are looking at glock and springfields, take a cruise up to Academy Sports on N. Davis. They have fair prices. $500 for glocks, a bit less for Springfields. Also have Taurus 24/7 for under $400...

I'd avoid Jays, but sometimes they'll match a price and cut you a deal. Did it for a friend of mine for a S&W M&P.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
I personally bought my Sig at Mike's, and I've done some shopping at the Jay's in p-cola. Service-wise, it depends who you talk to. I know of at least one guy at either place who is a total dick, and at least one other who is generally friendly. Both places are a bit pricey, but they have the occasional good deal.

My DI at OCS recommended Buck & Bass, it's on Pine Forest a bit south of Blue angel. They're very friendly up there, and while their selection is rather limited, they will order anything for you. Additionally, they handle all the transfers from Styx River shooting center, which is in Alabama just off I-10. Takes me about a half hour to get there from my place in pcola. Styx river, while a bit of a drive, has a decent range, and a very nice selection of weapons. Prices and service aren't bad either. I picked up my AR over there. Longguns are no problem, but i think the fee was $45 to transfer the handgun to Buck & bass for delivery. You'd have to double check, but I remember something about no sales tax for out-of-state purchase, so the transfer fee would even out.

Another place that I haven't shopped at myself, but have heard good things about, is academy sports, on N Davis highway. Supposed to have decent prices and selection.