• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Fly Fishing

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Just got to Pensacola and want to try my hand at some saltwater flyfishing. I've done rivers/streams and lakes before, but I know pretty much nothing about saltwater. If anyone has done it down here and has any good info on boat/shore fishing or would like to go some weekend, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Skidtz

Puddle Pirate
FB-

I did a little fly-fishing before the storms - but was never particularly well rewarded. After Ivan ripped out miles of grassbeds from the Johnson's Beach area, I just started Cross Countries to Key West to get my fill.

One lead is Gray's Tackle and Guide Service 850.492.2666, out the back gate of NASP towards Perdido Key. Bob and Maggie Gray are the owners. Also, a few years ago there was a Fly Fisherman of NorthWest Florida organization, but I haven't heard much from them lately.

If these do no good, I would recommend phoning guides in the Panama City area and seeing if they could send you in the right direction.

Me, I've packed my eight weight Sage and am heading to Puerto Rico.

Best of Luck,
-Skidtz-

DimndDave14

This time of the year two good places to go is on the Bob Sikes bridge from two hours before dark till about 30-45 minutes after dark. Use a light rod and reel, with live elwy (spelling ?), you will catch some nice spanish mackeral. Second place is out through the Pensacola pass (near Pensacola NAS). You go to the last channel marker about 5 miles out and you can troll or free cast and will catch a little of everything. Its best to go when the tides are changing. Hopes this helps, you might see me out there next week I am heading down for a little vacation before OCS starts in Oct.