• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola - Cultural Mecca

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Wrong, the Corpus gym is better than both Pcola gyms. Its smaller, but they use space more efficiently. It always blows my mind that there is so much space at the new Pcola gym but they only have 2 benches. For christ's sake the Corpus one has 4 benches. Also, there are fewer patrons in Corpus than Pcola.
I agree about the Radford gym in Pensacola. That is the worst new gym I've seen. Two benches and then up until recently no straight pull up bars on a base with thousands of Marines? Whoever designed the gym seemed to think from more of a wife/family gym as it is not friendly towards the military crowd.

As far as Pensacola being any kind of cultural Mecca, what a joke. I'm from the city though so maybe this is what they consider a cultural community down south? - Besides the military, all I see are hicks.

Talking about gyms, the best base I've been to so far is actually Kingsville. Seems crazy I know but the gym has a hell of a lot of stuff, plenty of space, no one goes there so there's plenty of room and its quiet. The best part is that the new base CO wants to build an even better one. It almost makes me sad to leave south Texas for that alone.

Not really, I can't wait to get back to civilization.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey any rock gyms in P-cola? Any outdoor exposed rocks for climbing?

There's an outfitters on Barrancas (near where it meets Scenic Hwy) that has a rock wall. For your actual rock faces, you'll need to go up into north Georgia. You may notice the lack of escarpments in Lower Alabama. :icon_tong