• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola BOQ - Full or Not?

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
I am going to be an SNFO starting at the beginning of September, but my roommate from the Academy who is hopefully going to be my roommate in Pensacola is going to be an SNA reporting 1st week of August. Does anyone have an update as to whether the ladies at the Q are still being nice and stamping non-availabilities for SNAs?

That would be a big help because we're looking to try and get settled on an apartment in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

Just arrived on July 2nd. Didn't have any trouble getting the non-availability stamp.

IrishEagle85

The Ensigns running flight management will tell you during briefing that you have to live on base and that you are on your integrity to do so, while at the same time they are living off base as well ;-)

The ladies at the Navy Gateway and Inn (lodging) will stamp your orders in a heartbeat, and give you a form to request BAH, even when there is room available.

I chose to stay in the BOQ, but they still stamped my orders and had me fill out a BAH request form. The BOQ really isn't such a bad deal :D

GreenWave08

If anyone needs a place to live, I am an SNFO living about 15 minutes from the back gate of the base in pensacola. If you, or anyone you know is looking for a room, please message me and i'll send you more info!!

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
the BOQ is not full however the people at the front desk will stamp your orders full without you even asking

i'm in the BOQ right now and still have time to find a place off base however the BOQ is really nice and is furnished a hell of a lot better than what i have in storage back at home. considering i'd prefer a one bedroom apartment i wouldn't really pocket all too much BAH.

plus walking across the street for morning muster rather then driving somewhere sure is nice :)

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Sorry to beat a dead horse but I'm just trying to get a handle on the situation considering it changes so often, and there is a lot of gouge out in the cloud:

There was a past thread which discussed BAH, BAH II, and eventually Per Diem for the time new SNAs were in P'Cola for IFS and API. I remember some information about new 0-1s not getting a PCS move until they got orders to primary, maybe some exceptions for married 0-1s. It appears that the PCS situation remains the same but the Per Diem is now gone and we are back to standard BAH once you report after commissioning. Is this correct?

Snw415

So from what Ive read it seems to be hit or miss when trying to get my orders stamped. I recently called the BOQ to try and clarify the situation and recieved a different answer from each person I spoke to. Eventually I reached a lady that mentioned that since I was already recieving California BAH, that I automatically have a choice to live on or off base. She pointed out that they look for certain numbers under the accounting data section that clarify whether or not someone is permitted to live off base. Has anyone heard anything of the sort?

Ill be showing up in Pensacola around the 31 OCT to report for API.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I haven't heard of anyone in A-pool/IFS/API having to live in the Q. You should be fine.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard from others that it depends on who you go to at the front desk on getting your orders stamped. If you have problems when you try to get your orders stamped, just go back in a couple hours and see if whoever is at the desk will stamp them then. In the end I don't know anyone who was denied BAH for living off base, though I have heard of people having to go back to find a more stamp-friendly front desk worker.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
within the last week the LT came in to a-pool and asked people who were living in the BOQ to raise their hand

not a single person did

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've heard from others that it depends on who you go to at the front desk on getting your orders stamped. If you have problems when you try to get your orders stamped, just go back in a couple hours and see if whoever is at the desk will stamp them then. In the end I don't know anyone who was denied BAH for living off base, though I have heard of people having to go back to find a more stamp-friendly front desk worker.

When I checked in some months back, they had stopped "stamping orders" and would only give you "BAH Authorization/Request Form" which essentially cleaned their hands of any decision making. It was only when you actually checked into PSD that they made the determination about whether or not you would get BAH, presuming you had said request form from the housing office. That said, this info COULD be outdated, and also I never heard of anyone not getting BAH during that time period (April 08).

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got my orders stamped when I checked into the Q. They also gave me the BAH Authorization form. At my PSD brief a couple weeks ago the woman who ran it told us we needed both the stamp and the form.