• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Auto Mechanics

doubledeuce

Tartan
None
Anyone have any recommendations or hazard calls for local Pensacola auto mechanics? I just need some moderate drivetrain/tranny work that I don't have the time for right now. (Well there's always time for some tranny work...) Click and Clack's website, cartalk.com has a couple places with decent referrals: Woodburn's Auto Service, C&C Auto Repair, and Ivey's Texaco. What you got?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
All-Pro in Milton is good-to-go. Gerald, the owner, is extremely helpful and professional.

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
Depends on how far you're willing to drive. There's a guy named David Puddy who works at a volvo dealership. Right next to the arbys.

Raptor2216

Whatever you do, I would highly recommend that you do not take the car to the repair shop in main side. I recently had some work done on my car. One of the things I was over charged for was wheel rotation and I began to hear a knocking noise a couple of days later coming from the front wheels. I took the car back to the shop and when I looked at it, I was shocked at what I found.

It turns out that when the mechanic was tightening the lug nuts on one of the wheels, he somehow sheared off one of the stud bolts and he then somehow completely forgot to tighten the other three lugs. Of course, not a thing of this was mentioned and they tried to say that it was already missing but you could see that the cut was fresh. They went ahead and repaired everything but I was shocked at the response from the manager. After I went and talked to him about what had happened, he tells me that "things like this sometimes happen". That's about as far as it went that day because I had things to do but now i'm thinking that I need to take it higher up the chain because that was completely inappropriate.

So, whatever you do, avoid them because who knows what else they like to push under the rug. If that isn't reason enough then just avoid them for their ridiculous prices.

MasterBates

Depending on the work, Auto Hobby Shop and a friend with knowledges.

Being able to work on your own stuff is nice when you break down 30 miles from the nearest town on a X-C PCS move.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
You might call USAA and see if they have anyone they'd recommend. Usually they're pretty good.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Depending on the work, Auto Hobby Shop...

The one over on Correy is pretty nice. Plus, it is a bit of a drive, but the one over on Eglin and Hurlburt Field are pretty good too. I know you said you don't have much time now but it's something to consider for later on if you need it.

Beefalo

Try Pine Forest Automotive. Its about a 10 minute drive from NAS Pensacola. Had them replace my clutch master cylinder and my rear brakes without a problem. I also got a AAA discount. Cant remember his name think it was David or something, an overweight kind of guy but hes a great guy to deal with. Keep in mind this was OCT 2005.