• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Pensacola Air Force Base"

snake020

Contributor
Another great contribution by Time.com:

Read towards the end of the first paragraph. That made me not want to bother reading the rest of the article.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Last week ... a divided Kentucky Supreme Court told Rhoades that he could not press his paternity claim, no matter what evidence of fatherhood he might have...When it comes to defining fatherhood in the Bluegrass State...

Wow, leaving subjects such as Paternity and family structure up to a state like Kentucky? I was waiting for them to say whichever man is the least distant cousin to the mother gets custody. ;)

...and, yes, I do realize I live in Mississippi.:icon_tong

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Sure gives me lots of confidence about the time and effort they put into their work.

onedge

pilot
Anyone put in a note to the editors? I tried and was unsuccessful at setting up an account.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Wow, leaving subjects such as Paternity and family structure up to a state like Kentucky? I was waiting for them to say whichever man is the least distant cousin to the mother gets custody. ;)

...and, yes, I do realize I live in Mississippi.:icon_tong

Hey...Hey... I can assure you ..Mississippi is way more f'd up than Kentucky:D

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Anyone put in a note to the editors? I tried and was unsuccessful at setting up an account.
All you'll get is an automated response saying "thanks for caring so much about Time blah, blah, blah..." or something like that and never hear anything from any actual human.
Journalistic integrity is dead.

WIDGET

i agree. i immediately thought "eglin" when i read it. probably did it for simplicity purposes.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I just think you just try to pick too many fights with the Air Force. So what if they referred to NASP as "Pensacola AFB".... you're free now. Let them GO! So what if they wear ascots, say "container" instead of "box", won't say "head", and say "so to speak" WAY to much, and give O-5s jobs that our E-3s have? They suck. You're NAVY now. :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually, didn't it say "a Pensacola area air force base?" That could be a very loose geographical reference to Eglin AFB in Ft. Walton. People from other parts of the US probably don't know Ft. Walton, but they have at least heard of Pensacola.

snake020

Contributor
It said "Pensacola-area Air Force Base". Could they be talking about Eglin or Hulbert Field? They are both somewhat near Pensacola....

That is because they've now corrected it. Look at the cache and you'll see it was not originally the case.

I just think you just try to pick too many fights with the Air Force. So what if they referred to NASP as "Pensacola AFB"....

That is not the point; the point is Time online has gotten sloppy with many of their articles and it's hard to know what's credible anymore.