• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home for sale

Wbeach2635

Home is located less than 15 minutes from the back gate. Has a nice yard in a great neighborhood!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Beautiful home. Perfect for the IP that will go to the airlines, and wants to do a Reserve gig.

Whats shocking is that in 2015, this home went for under $200K. What do working class folks making 20/hr do?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Beautiful home. Perfect for the IP that will go to the airlines, and wants to do a Reserve gig.

Whats shocking is that in 2015, this home went for under $200K. What do working class folks making 20/hr do?
There's a huge gap in my opinion in Pensacola. You have the high end business class in Pensacola which are literally multi-millionaires that are visible but few and far between. After that, a few business owners, a lot of military retirees working a second contracting or GS job, then the military themselves, and then... there's really not much middle class beyond the military. Lots and lots and lots of low wage jobs. The Pensacola area is quickly becoming a land of haves and have nots with serious distinction between the two and lots of displacement.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
There's a huge gap in my opinion in Pensacola. You have the high end business class in Pensacola which are literally multi-millionaires that are visible but few and far between. After that, a few business owners, a lot of military retirees working a second contracting or GS job, then the military themselves, and then... there's really not much middle class beyond the military. Lots and lots and lots of low wage jobs. The Pensacola area is quickly becoming a land of haves and have nots with serious distinction between the two and lots of displacement.
Shack. This place is a shit hole for the most part, and getting worse.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Shack. This place is a shit hole for the most part, and getting worse.
That's sad to hear. I loved living there, but I could see the problems getting worse by the time I left. I remember asking my Realtor friend who was very much among the influential business leaders in the area "if I left the Navy, what could I do here?" His response was "and maintain the same standard of living? You can't right now. There just aren't the jobs to support that here."

The infrastructure in Santa Rosa county is not keeping up with the influx of people there creating traffic jams in what was, until recently, fairly rural. There just is no real middle class jobs there outside of the few healthcare jobs and the military presence itself. There's more and more real estate investors along the beach gobbling up property and turning everything into short term rentals. It's a little sad to see.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I actually think they're doing an okay job attracting jobs (Navy Fed, big DHS stuff at old Saufley, some aerospace maintenance) but the development is getting out of hand and the counties aren't holding the developers feet to the fire on paying for infrastructure improvements (notably storm water management). I wish I'd rented our place in Pace in 2019 vs sell, but you can't win em all. God bless people who want to live there full time, I don't get it.

Brian1942

Work has changed since Covid. Majority of the people I know here work remotely from home. So they don’t need the area to provide jobs for them. Or work in construction or Realestate with DR Horton or other major builder in the area. Real estate agents are making a killing right now