• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PCS Reimbursement

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I've looked about everywhere I can think of and figured I'd ask this question here. I've always done partial DITY moves (with one exception) and generally make money doing this. However, I've got an opportunity to pick up an enclosed trailer (6'X12') for a song. Does anyone know how much (per pound) the government normally reimburses on these DiTYs?

I've got my last DiTY move application in front of me and block 9 (cost computation) appears to be the reimbursement data. It's broken down like this:

(1) MTMC RATE SOLICITATIONS PLUS MAXPAC 26.25
PER CWT X EST. WT. OR WT. ALLOWANCE +13.55
X Low Rate Percent 2.81

Is this the data I'm looking for? Anyone know how to decode this?

If you move a trailer (one that you own NOT a rental), you can claim its weight as well, correct?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
<anecdotal evidence> Aside from the 95%, I know that a buddy of mine out here bought a trailer, did a full DITY move, and sold the trailer once he got to Yuma and wound up making about $13,000. That was on a CP - Yuma move. So there is the potential for profit if you're up for a full DITY </anecdotal evidence>

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Yeah, I don't plan on doing a full DITY...WAY too much work. My wife and I did that from Meridian to CP and made less than a thousand bucks (we rented a UHaul). It wasn't worth the effort. However, I do have bikes and tools and other odds and ends that tally up to probably 3-4000 lbs worth of stuff. I figure let the movers take the big items. Besides, I figure a trailer is like "moving storage". I could set my garage up in the trailer and save the garage for vehicles <brilliant!>. It would also eliminate a lot of the unpacking of crap you end up accumulating that never gets unboxed to begin with. I just need ammo (read: money) to sell this to the wife.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I seem to recall that origin and destination also come into play when calculating the rate per pound per mile. Specifically (from memory), the rate to go from CP to NR was quite a bit higher than from NR to CP.
And a trailer that you own should technically be a household good that you can include in your weight calculation.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I did a DITY move from Corpus Christi to Jacksonville Dec 11-14 and sent in my paperwork on Dec 22. I just logged in to check the status of my claim and it said that the processing time for DITY moves is now at 15 weeks! On the NAVSUP website it says 4-6. If it does take 15 weeks that is going to suck. Sorry for the threadjack, it was kinda related.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ya I feel you. I submitted a claim on OCT 7, still no money. I am not amused.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Note to self- always submit paperwork for any as much advance pay is authorized.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I talked with a friend the other day, apparantly you can include the weight of your trailer IF it's under 6'x12' or some such nonsense.