• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PCS payment and W2

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For my last PCS, I swear I got a W-2 for my partial DITY move. Since I PCS'ed in tax year 2011, I figured I'd get another one for tax time this year, but haven't seen one. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to get a copy of this? I have a feeling PSD is not the answer and I haven't been able to find anything on MyPay.

Or maybe I imagined the whole thing last time.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
If anything you should get a 1099 unless they withhold tax... I last PCS'd in 2009 and didn't get a W-2 for the partial DITY payment and didn't get a 1099 either if I recall correctly.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If anything you should get a 1099 unless they withhold tax... I last PCS'd in 2009 and didn't get a W-2 for the partial DITY payment and didn't get a 1099 either if I recall correctly.

I could have sworn I got something in 2008.

You now have to request the W2 on the DITY move website. They used to put it in with your check.

Do you have a link? Is it the same one that IBB gave? I can see I had tax withheld, but no actual document with funny numbered boxes.

MasterBates

Yeah. Same link. There is a "request W2" link there somewhere.

I'm still waiting on mine, requested in January. They paid me in January, so it's on 2012 taxes, so at least they were not holding me up.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I PCS'd in August and got a W-2 just for my move in the mail in early Feb (without requesting one). Mine is also available on MyPay under Travel and Misc W-2.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I PCS'd in August and got a W-2 just for my move in the mail in early Feb (without requesting one). Mine is also available on MyPay under Travel and Misc W-2.

Looks like we PCS'ed at the same time. When I go to MyPay, I get "There was no Travel or Misc W2 located. If this is in error, please contact your local Finance Office, Travel Office or Customer Service Representative."

Well that's super helpful. I swear, why does the customer have to seek out the documents that their entitled/required? Preaching to the choir, I know.

I sent an email to NAVSUP yesterday. I'm sure they'll get right back to me. Just like NROWS has taken a month to completely not solve my issues.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Has anyone had this problem with getting a 1099 for SDP interest? I know there is an option in MyPay to retrieve the 1099 but it says there isn't one available. There is a number that I am bugging the hubby to call but he hasn't done so yet. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue and how long it took to get it resolved.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I never found any link on the site that IBB provided, but I did send an email to the POC there. They replied (rather quickly, actually) with this:

1-888-DFAS411 (1-888-332-7411). Pres "2", Press "1", Press "3" for all change of address and duplicate W2s requests.

Supposed to take 7-10 days. When I asked if I should be seeing my W-2 on MyPay, I was told I should, but alas, it's not there. I did find out that the problem seemed to be that they didn't bother to include my apartment address. Why? It sounded like the reason is because the computer program they use only has enough room for one line of an address. Ah, progress.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
I have never seen anything related to my DITY moves show up in MyPay, i.e. the moneypot for however you move your HHG is completely seperate from your travel money (which DOES show up in MyPay) for any given move. I've done 2.5 moves in the last 3 years (2 PCS partial-DITY and one TDY full-DITY). Every DITY has had it's own W-2 show up in the mail at the ass-end of the legal delivery window in which employers are alloted to provide a W-2, not with the check. DITY payouts will get a W-2 (not a 1099) because they are considered Incentive PAY. I have never had to go out of my way to request a W-2. Beyond that, my only advice is to keep track of how many DITYs (tdy or pcs) you've done in a calender year (to know how many to expect), otherwise you may find yourself having to amend your tax return as I have.

Unfortunately, I can't answer the original concern.. I have no idea who to talk to to get a duplicate W-2 sent out. I can say they are in Norfolk though, as I have actually talked to them... once.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Unfortunately, I can't answer the original concern.. I have no idea who to talk to to get a duplicate W-2 sent out. I can say they are in Norfolk though, as I have actually talked to them... once.

The number above will get you to the right people. It's a DoD line, not just a Navy line. Hopefully it actually gets here so I can get my return.