• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Patches for P-3, C-130, and E-2/C-2 Bubbas

81montedriver

pilot
I've heard those 6-bladed ones on the Hercs are money. Don't they automatically feather? I heard one start up once and actually sounded really cool.

Yeh they are pretty awesome and they definately have a noticeable noice to them. They do autofeather but it depends on certain criteria. I can get into more scenarios then are worth talking about on this forum. Basically when you want them to feather, they will and when you want them to windmill to power the hydraulic system they will do that as well.

MasterBates

The NP2K will feather if it feels like it, the trons align and the plane likes you today.

If it hates you, you get a "general prop fault" light and you are fucked.

And yes, the E-2Cs have the 427, E-2Ds have the -427A and the C-2s have the -425

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have -425's and NP2K. For the COD community, so far we like it. We did get a more mature (and tested) version then the E-2. But with just getting it in the last 2ish years in the community and only 36 planes in the fleet, the E-2 guys have much more NP2K experience.

Now no one can bitch about the awesome that is CNS/ATM.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I love CNS/ATM. Still waiting for the FIT so I can start my /G days.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I love CNS/ATM. Still waiting for the FIT so I can start my /G days.

It's awesome to learn all the gnarly stuff you can do with it. Then after you get the hang of it and know what you're doing, you realize that the system must have been designed by some nerd in a cubicle who's never seen the inside of a cockpit and certainly never heard the word "user-friendly." Submenus for submenus to get to stuff you need RIGHT NOW.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
It's awesome to learn all the gnarly stuff you can do with it. Then after you get the hang of it and know what you're doing, you realize that the system must have been designed by some nerd in a cubicle who's never seen the inside of a cockpit and certainly never heard the word "user-friendly." Submenus for submenus to get to stuff you need RIGHT NOW.
I've met the nerd and worked with him a couple times; I've tried to give him some advice but it never took hold. CNS/ATM isn't install friendly either.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

It could only be worse if they used and iPad clickwheel as the input source. It's a badass system with a terrible user interface. Get 99% of what you need done completed on the ground and maybe it won't fuck you. maybe.