• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Passed checkride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss_BlueAngels

Instrument training
Ok, I know this isn't military... but I wanna fly for the Navy someday... and just wanted to tell you guys. :) After 2 years, and a total of 65 hours of instruction and at 19 years old, I FINALLY have my license!! Wohoo!

My examiner, though, wasn't too impressed with my "Blue Angels" shirt since he used to fly SR-71's... but I showed him I'm a good enough pilot. :) FLY NAVY!

God bless.
------------------------------------

Philippians 4:13
Proverbs 16:9
Romans 10:9

jwilliamsee

congrats man! being a private pilot is absolute freedome...enjoy it. Its tough to beat flying a cessna on a beautiful day.

Valion310

Congratz Boss ... and BravoZulu on the Blue Angels shirt. I'm always at interservice warfare with my old man, he's a retired AF O-6, B-52 and FB-111 pilot. I'm doing some covert ops and am gonna stick a "Fly Navy" sticker right on the door to his office next time I'm up there.

Valion310 out-

Boss_BlueAngels

Instrument training
Well thank you guys. My only problem now is I have nothing to study untill I start my instrument stuff next year. :( But, I went out and baught "Aircraft Systems for Pilots" for a class I'll be taking next year... so that should keep me busy... I cannot get enough of this stuff!!

Valion... that's pretty cool. Have you seen some of the things the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels do to each other? It's pretty cool. (My sis and I even wore a Blue Angels sweatshirt to a Thunderbird airshow... needless to day we got a few strange looks!)

Well... I'd estimate around $7,500 for the ticket. The checkride itself was $300... and then add in headset, books, and one hour in a Piper Cub for $120 dual instruction. It adds up real fast, and I only have some 65 hours... the national average is around 80.

Anyway, thanks everyone!
***FLY NAVY***

gsavy10

Have fun. I'm taking three lessons a week (weather permitting) and working 90+ hours a week to pay for them. I hope to be done by late January or early February![8D]Flying is incredible, but the non-stop working and studying is starting to wear me out [V].

ghost_ttu

I'll have to check but I think I got my ticket at 45 hours.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Valion310

Ya, when we used to have the AF guys fly into our base and park on our line. Some how when they went out for their pre-flight, their wheel wells were taged head to strut with zappers from almost every squadron on the line. I think one day we counted 200 zappers in one of the main mounts. Needless to say, they didn't like parking on our line and would get us back when we flew into their base. The nice thing about being a Plane Captain, is when a jet comes back with zappers on it, we have trainee's to clean it all out.

We almost tagged the ejection seat head rest, but figured that would really not have gone over very well.

Valion310 laying supression fire down on the other services!

Originally posted by Boss_BlueAngels

Valion... that's pretty cool. Have you seen some of the things the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels do to each other? It's pretty cool. (My sis and I even wore a Blue Angels sweatshirt to a Thunderbird airshow... needless to day we got a few strange looks!)

Boss_BlueAngels

Instrument training
ROFL... nice work. Yeah, get the newbies to do the dirty work and remove the zappers... I like that! :)

Yeah, the guys I trained up with all have around 70 hours and not getting their license yet... so I dunno... have met a few with like 100 hours and still nothing. I've been fortunate with retaining a lot from my flights... I've streached about 50 of those hours over 2 years, with months between some flights. I had a friend get it all done in 3 months, and has about 80 hours now... I guess it's just about ambition, and time management. Some of my AP classes in high school slowed the training down a bit. (Stinking school. lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.