• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Parents want the answer to this

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Thanks for the answers guys. I plan to ask my recruiter but just thought I might be lucky enough to run into people who were/weren't able to wear theirs at OCS. As for anyone implying that I am a momma's boy, I respect my parents but obviously nothing is stopping me from a ticket to OCS if I get my number called.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
I'm starting week 6 here and I brought mine...there's a bunch of people in my class who wear them as well as other classes....you see them taking them out/putting them in in the head. Never had a problem...never even been questioned. You'll be fine. When you report, the candidate officers will search everything that you want to bring in and have you lay all your toiletries out and whatever you can't have...they'll make you take it to your car. No problems with retainers though. Good luck at OCS!!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When you report, the candidate officers will search everything that you want to bring in and have you lay all your toiletries out and whatever you can't have...they'll make you take it to your car. No problems with retainers though. Good luck at OCS!!

You guys are a bunch of pansies. We were allowed one pair of running shoes, one razer, one tooth brush, and a watch to be worn only when on duty or class leader. NOTHING else! Everthing else was G. I. Holy cow have times changed. I can't believe you get a lap top, let alone the rest of the crap.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You guys are a bunch of pansies. We were allowed one pair of running shoes, one razer, one tooth brush, and a watch to be worn only when on duty or class leader. NOTHING else! Everthing else was G. I. Holy cow have times changed. I can't believe you get a lap top, let alone the rest of the crap.

They let you have a laptop???? News to me.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At Candio phase at the whim of the DI.

You get a computer with internet during candio. I got to watch Johnny Carson on a T.V. (ya it was color, but it did have rabbit ears with foil wrapped on them).

BackOrdered

Contributor
You get a computer with internet during candio. I got to watch Johnny Carson on a T.V. (ya it was color, but it did have rabbit ears with foil wrapped on them).

There are 4-5 some odd desktops with internet in the candio lounge that are always taken up for official business. You still could only get online with a laptop at an internet cafe, but a laptop was a luxury, especially since my class had a month of candio phase. The H'ers who had already been at OCS over 3 months were the most likely to get one (that was part of my reason anyway).

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
i had my laptop during candio phase.

connected it to my phone for unrestricted internet.

i believe i might have been the only one in the history of newport OCS to have had broadband internet access on their laptop in their room in nimitz hall. if someone else has managed this speak up :)

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
I have the Verizon broadband card for my laptop, so if we get the same privileges as your class then I might join you lol

WOLFSON

[FONT=&quot]In regards to the laptop, for those of you going to OCS soon, you REALLY do not need to have a laptop at OCS, much less a laptop with an internet connection. You priorities as a candio should be:

1. Making sure you are taking care of your duties
2. Making sure the classes below you are doing what they’re supposed to be doing
3. PTing
4. Sleeping
5. Enjoying the Newport bar scene when able

There should not be time to update your facebook page while you're there and if there is you’re either a: not working hard enough or b: not going out hard enough.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bring your retainer, so long as it’s just a mouthpiece. Personally, I’d avoid the full-on headgear a la Weird Science.[/FONT]

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot

[FONT=&quot]In regards to the laptop, for those of you going to OCS soon, you REALLY do not need to have a laptop at OCS, much less a laptop with an internet connection. You priorities as a candio should be:

1. Making sure you are taking care of your duties
2. Making sure the classes below you are doing what they’re supposed to be doing
3. PTing
4. Sleeping
5. Enjoying the Newport bar scene when able

There should not be time to update your facebook page while you're there and if there is you’re either a: not working hard enough or b: not going out hard enough.
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bring your retainer, so long as it’s just a mouthpiece. Personally, I’d avoid the full-on headgear a la Weird Science.[/FONT]
or do what half my class did during candio phase, turn phones off and hang out at the coffee shop. not what i did, but its what quite a few did and then had the audacity to bitch when others did the same.

totally agreed though, you don't NEED a laptop by any stretch of the imagination ... but it sure was nice :)

also keep in mind that OCS staff do in fact read this forum and most likely this thread. do not advertise things you don't wish them to know (like you have a laptop with a broadband card).