• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Paperwork to OCS

jiggs

Naval Aviator
Hi all,

I'm (finally) heading to Newport on 27 Nov. As I'm sure many of you have, I've been trolling the internets for months trying to eek out every last drop of credible gouge I can. But one thing that I find confusing is that the OCS website (http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_requiredpaperwork.asp) says to bring all medical and dental records. In my case, that's nearly 24 years of regular visits. Surely they can't expect me to bring all that? That would be more pages than Tolstoy's "War and Peace."

Any recent grads have some insight on what's really important to bring?

Also- who else is reporting on 27 Nov? Looking forward to meeting my classmates.

GameFace

Pilot FS
Well, I have no idea about the Medical and Dental paperwork, but I do have another question regarding paperwork to OCS.

I see that I must bring my marriage license, spouse's ID, spouse's birth cert, spouse's SS card (all originals). I'm assuming the ID is the standard driver's license, passport, etc., but how do I get the ID back to my wife? I guess I could just take her passport and not worry about it, but does the Navy just keep these documents until I graduate or am I missing something?

Thanks,

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Get a certified copy. Or take her passport, that'll work. During the first few days, you'll meet with the Admin ladies and they'll make photocopies of anything they need. Then you can stash them away for the rest of OCS.

DO NOT bring her license. An ODS candidate recently had his wife's get lost in the mail trying to send it back.