• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PAO Interviews

exNavyOffRec

Do you know how that is done? Once they laterally transfer do they have to go through PAO schooling? I'm sure they would right?

The ones that I know that laterally transfered could not continue on in their original community, I am sure there is some type of school.

cg007

This is a great thread. Thank you. My OR an I are currently prepping to submit my package to the boards this year. October. This will be my second time applying, the first being when I had finished my undergrad. Years later, I'm applying again with an advanced degree and laser-beam determination. Thanks again for all of the shared info.

exNavyOffRec

This is a great thread. Thank you. My OR an I are currently prepping to submit my package to the boards this year. October. This will be my second time applying, the first being when I had finished my undergrad. Years later, I'm applying again with an advanced degree and laser-beam determination. Thanks again for all of the shared info.

are you active duty as a MC? that is who they have been picking and desire.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
^Agreed. If you really want to be a PAO, your best bet is to become a PILOT/NFO/SWO first. At your first squadron/ship, take the PAO collateral duty gig, kick ass and take names, and apply for a lateral transfer to PAO at the earliest convenience.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
No, sir. I am a civilian working in the news and television industry. Strong history of leaderdship, undergrad at Berkeley and grad at UCLA.

I say go on ahead and apply but open yourself to other options/choices if PAO doesn't roll through. As I said before you can always apply for lat xfer down the road.

exNavyOffRec

I agree with RUFi0181 and I have several candidates with on air TV experience get a "no", up until this year (I believe) the board pro X'd anyone that wasn't currently on AD, they started that several years ago, Ensign Daniels was the last civilian picked, and the first civilian picked in several years.