• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Packing heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

What sidearm do Navy Pilots carry these days. In IRONCLAW, the squadron picked their own iron. Is there a standard for the service or does your unit select the weapon? If you go into combat can you bring personal firearms with you or would you not even have them with you on the boat in the first place?

Silly, I know, but I was curious.

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 08/21/2000 01:18:41

Phoenix

The weapon is called SIG Sauer P228. It weighs only 740 grams (1,65 pounds). Would the 9mm Beretta be a 92F model? I used to use that gun on a firing range a lot and it was HEAVY. I can imagine why the US government wants to get rid of those guns.

Edited by - Phoenix on 08/15/2000 14:34:55

Tripp

You think you hate it now...
Okay, my 2¢:

I rather like the Glock 23C. I'd rather have something like a .40cal or 10mm. A little more stopping power without the extra weight. Course, I'd really like the Desert Eagle .50cal Magnum, but it only holds 7 rounds per clip, and that does me no good, now does it? heh heh heh

My extra gear:

GPS & satellite phone! I'm gonna call whoever I can ("Ah, yes...can you connect me to the White House, please?") and get my ass outta the bush country as fast as I can!

Dave Shutter

quote:Would the 9mm Beretta be a 92F model?

Yes it would. Called the "M9" (in the Army anyway.) I carried one as a tanker, and yes they are a bit on the heavy side compared to newer guns, but still a light year or two ahead of the 45'(which I also carried for a while) and of course the little pea-shooter revolvers pilots used to get. A friend recently bought a 92F and we were shooting it the other day. I haven't lossed a beat, but I sure have missed that smell!

D

Status
Not open for further replies.