• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PA-109 HR ISP

OPe

Greetings All,

I was taking a look at the new Human Resources ISPP and found it very interesting. I would love to pursue this route. However, I would like to know what is competitive. I do have a Baccalaureate degree (Criminal Justice), great evals, and accomplishments that show my potential to be a Naval Officer.

With this program being open to Active Duty only, I believe the competitive candidate would look entirely different than the HR DCO for the Reserves. Is there a rating that you think would have the upper hand on say an OS or MA?

Thank you all.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Greetings All,

I was taking a look at the new Human Resources ISPP and found it very interesting. I would love to pursue this route. However, I would like to know what is competitive. I do have a Baccalaureate degree (Criminal Justice), great evals, and accomplishments that show my potential to be a Naval Officer.

With this program being open to Active Duty only, I believe the competitive candidate would look entirely different than the HR DCO for the Reserves. Is there a rating that you think would have the upper hand on say an OS or MA?

Thank you all.

Dude, the PA was just signed and the program was just established this week. There isn't even quotas or boards in place just yet. It's going to take a few boards to really see what the benchmark is.

However, I do know of enlisted sailors who have an HR-focused degree (even a masters) along with a PHR/SPHR certification. I would say they are probably more competitive than you at the moment.

I can imagine this program being competitive since there's been a big fleet demand to establish a direct enlisted to HR route. Some feedback from the fleet was enlisted sailors not being able to pursue "specialized" commission paths and instead having to pursue SWO, Supply, Aviation, etc. and then attempt a lateral transfer whenever eligible.

Last edited:
Reactions: OPe
Hi all,

I just saw this PA the other day and ready to submit an application as well. I'm just trying to with in my personal statement. I haven't with directly in HR, but have done much leadership and HR related duties in the Navy. I hope it is enough.

exNavyOffRec

Hi all,

I just saw this PA the other day and ready to submit an application as well. I'm just trying to with in my personal statement. I haven't with directly in HR, but have done much leadership and HR related duties in the Navy. I hope it is enough.
You could ask @FormerRecruitingGuru how much certifications will play into the selection, they for many years were a big factor in the HR selections for DCO, but this is a slightly different animal.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Hi all,

I would say a little bit of help, but an HR - focused degree (masters) with HR focused work + leadership and certifications (PHR or SPHR ideally) will help the most. Based on the initial feedback, HR ISPP is going to be a very competitive program for at least the first few years.

Hello again,

Do you all happen to know the types of duty stations HR Officers get assigned to?
So far, I know if Millington, TN, Washington D.C and Chicago great lakes. But i was curious on some other areas, perhaps overseas.
I looked on the MyNavy HR site and I need a special username and password to access the Billets list on the HR community page.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Hello again,

Do you all happen to know the types of duty stations HR Officers get assigned to?
So far, I know if Millington, TN, Washington D.C and Chicago great lakes. But i was curious on some other areas, perhaps overseas.
I looked on the MyNavy HR site and I need a special username and password to access the Billets list on the HR community page.

Why don’t you just ask the HR OCM?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Hello again,

I realized that last comment kind of came off harsh. No issue with specific HR questions that can't be found on Google/Internet/MyNavy HR to go to the OCM for help.

Of note, it's been put out... not sure if public or not that 1200 HR O-1 billets would be either with recruiting command or MyNavy Career Center (MNCC) domain. MNCC also includes the PSDs/TSCs out in the fleet... whatever they're called these days.

I realized that last comment kind of came off harsh. No issue with specific HR questions that can't be found on Google/Internet/MyNavy HR to go to the OCM for help.

Of note, it's been put out... not sure if public or not that 1200 HR O-1 billets would be either with recruiting command or MyNavy Career Center (MNCC) domain. MNCC also includes the PSDs/TSCs out in the fleet... whatever they're called these days.
Thanks.
Most of these sites require access that I don't have.
Also, OCM has been emailed and slow to respond.

GA20

Hello again,

Hello, check this link out: https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Career-Management/Detailing/Officer/Pers-44-Staff-RL/Human-Resources/

You do not need a username and password for several of the items on the page. Check out the community health brief it will help give you some answers

USNRAZZY

Dude, the PA was just signed and the program was just established this week. There isn't even quotas or boards in place just yet. It's going to take a few boards to really see what the benchmark is.

However, I do know of enlisted sailors who have an HR-focused degree (even a masters) along with a PHR/SPHR certification. I would say they are probably more competitive than you at the moment.

I can imagine this program being competitive since there's been a big fleet demand to establish a direct enlisted to HR route. Some feedback from the fleet was enlisted sailors not being able to pursue "specialized" commission paths and instead having to pursue SWO, Supply, Aviation, etc. and then attempt a lateral transfer whenever eligible.
I'm a PS with 10 years in
MBA
PHR

Patiently waiting for the results to come out. Any idea how long it takes for results to be released after the board convenes?

Last edited: