• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P8 NFO Lifestyle

yellow13

Hello everyone, I wanted to know what was it that makes the P8 lifestyle or any shore based aircraft so lucrative. I hear people say that can travel to all sort of countries across the world, which is a plus for me. I have heard that on JO tours would be be around 45 hour work weeks. Would that mean they get weekends off? Deployment of course I imagine would have lots of hours, which I am not afraid of. I also understand they get per diem which is a nice bonus. I heard that being a NFO on a P8 is "cake" but am not going to go in with that mentality, but is that just an exaggeration? One of the reasons why I plan on joining the Navy was to get veneers, so would being in this field lessen or improve my odds if I am traveling to multiple bases? Any pros and cons of the shore base aircraft would also help. Thanks

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Fuck it. Come to the Guard, fly MQ-9s. Get hired by an airline ASAP. Have an address more than 50.0 miles from your unit, get multiple years of Active Duty MPA orders in a row and collect per diem and live in a Marriot hotel all while you're on mil leave at your airline. Get your 15 year pin from your airline while you're still on probation. Collect another few years of AD orders, pilot bonus and per diem, while watching your seniority number skyrocket.

Decide to retire once you bid right seat on the 787 out of Chicago. Doze for dollars when you have to fly, and bid reserve for everything else. At this point you're a retired Lt Col and a 787 right seater, so you've got more money than you and your wife (or both of your exwives and your girlfriend- no judgement) can spend.

Laugh at folks who think MPRA is a good deal. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Fallonflyr

pilot
Fuck it. Come to the Guard, fly MQ-9s. Get hired by an airline ASAP. Have an address more than 50.0 miles from your unit, get multiple years of Active Duty MPA orders in a row and collect per diem and live in a Marriot hotel all while you're on mil leave at your airline. Get your 15 year pin from your airline while you're still on probation. Collect another few years of AD orders, pilot bonus and per diem, while watching your seniority number skyrocket.

Decide to retire once you bid right seat on the 787 out of Chicago. Doze for dollars when you have to fly, and bid reserve for everything else. At this point you're a retired Lt Col and a 787 right seater, so you've got more money than you and your wife (or both of your exwives and your girlfriend- no judgement) can spend.

Laugh at folks who think MPRA is a good deal. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.
This guy gets it.?

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Hello everyone, I wanted to know what was it that makes the P8 lifestyle or any shore based aircraft so lucrative. I hear people say that can travel to all sort of countries across the world, which is a plus for me. I have heard that on JO tours would be be around 45 hour work weeks. Would that mean they get weekends off? Deployment of course I imagine would have lots of hours, which I am not afraid of. I also understand they get per diem which is a nice bonus. I heard that being a NFO on a P8 is "cake" but am not going to go in with that mentality, but is that just an exaggeration? One of the reasons why I plan on joining the Navy was to get veneers, so would being in this field lessen or improve my odds if I am traveling to multiple bases? Any pros and cons of the shore base aircraft would also help. Thanks
You’ll get very good at ensuring the mission crew has their seatbelts on properly, and even better at using your flight gloves for the sole purpose of cooking dinner in the oven.

I kidddddd I kiddddd :D

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You’ll get very good at ensuring the mission crew has their seatbelts on properly, and even better at using your flight gloves for the sole purpose of cooking dinner in the oven.

Wait there are other uses of flight gloves besides oven mitts?

A$AP

None

Nothing better than a can of Progresso out of the oven with your gloves on <3