• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P3's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfUSN

Where are all the P3 sqadrons located? If I select P3s out of Primary and go to TX from there... where would I go after getting winged?

LTJG Payne

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You go to the FRS for ~6 months of training (pilots, probably the same for NFOs) in Jacksonville, FL. You select where you are going to end up (Fleet Squadron) while in Advanced based off of NSS. If you do VQ, your training is shorter, but NFOs in VQ go on for more training. Choices:

Kaneohe Bay, HI
Whidbey, WA
Jacksonville, FL
Maine
Rota

Usually the top two picks are Jacksonville and Hawaii, that varies with each class of course.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yes, they just don't go through all the same training as the VP guys do.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Flying the T44 or C12 respectively.

Have fun in the "valley of the downs"... muhahaha

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Borncreole said:
how long do you spend there?
In the valley of the downs? Hopefully not long... jk

Advanced runs ~6 months give or take. I got through a little faster than that, but time of year, weather, and the number of pilots (AF, Coastie, Marines, Navy) that they are pushing through effect that. You cna see AF guys that have a higher priority, read AF wants them graduating at a certain date, so they can move ahead of you.

Great training, nothing like a no gyro non precision approach with with the #1 engine secured, heading into a field that the IP knows isn't long enough to land on but wants to see if you will catch it in time.... by the way, the controllers on the radios know what you are going through, and love to f!uck with you also, so expect short vectors all the time (back course, front course...)....

rare21

pilot
Contributor
aww my hometown is in the valley of the downs, the only reason i dont want P3s is so that i dont grow to hate it.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I never grew to hate it, but I knew other SNAs that did by trying to land on the wrong runway, never making it to MDA and executing countless missed approaches, ending up in Mexican airspace.... and the list goes on.....

Are we talking Brownsville I take it?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
yup Brownsville is right, i've heard the same "heading into Mexican airspace" by the guys in Las Cruces. Still if something happened down there I could fit in and blend..haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.