• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3's to 727's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platonic

To anyone in the P-3 pipeline: is it true that by 2010 P-3's will be replaced by Boeing 727's? If so, why?

I am interested because I am currently in the BDCP and selected for pilot. I will be leaving for OCS in July. I know the concern is a bit early, but my wife has been bothering me about it for months. Father-in-law is also curious. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!!

vt9Jack

Maybe an actualy walking talking Orion guy can give you the no-sh** answer to this one but I can tell you that over the past year there have been several different air frames up here doing dog and pony show kind of flights with the local P-3 squadrons.

Not sure if they've decided on a particular airframe yet or if they're still trying to decide.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
interesting...

assuming i get accepted for NFO I'm hoping to get in with a P-3 squadron. there's nothing like not getting deployed on a carrier for 9+ months... ;)

Clux4

Banned
I actually love deploying and then pulling up to port. Going to land bases can be fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.