• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 simulator (Sort of...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smuook

Hmmm... I've made it through the entire TACCO pipeline, and I just now accidentally surfed this website. Wish I would have found it earlier.

For those of you interested... Sonalysts, the makers of Sub Command, are in the beta test phase of a new combat simulator game. This will be the first game simulation that will feature multiplayer subs, ships, and aircraft... including the P-3 Orion. The game is called "Dangerous Waters".

This is probably the only way to at least get an idea about what the job of TACCO entails... at least for the UIII platform.

You'll have the controls of sonobuoys, torps, mines, SLAM and Maverick missiles. Nothing has really prepared me to be a TACCO besides the OJT you get when you get to your final Squadron.

Even if you are not into computer games... you may get a better understanding of what you are getting into.

You can get more info here...
Orion Warrior

There are more links there to take you to some of the game sites.

The game should be release in the next few weeks.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Holy****, a P-3 NFO. Stick around so I can stop answering Maritime FO posts.

Smuook

I definitely stick around... although I'm usually pretty busy. I'm actually taking my crew through TPC right now... at least one sim a day. Had I know about this board I would have started posting earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.