• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 frs

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As I kinda promised, I'll give you a short summary of the RAG about until winging. I finished my third nav flight yesterday, which basically means unless I go full retard I'm basically winged at this point (according to my instructor as he debriefed me yesterday).
Nav flight to Charleston, Hunter and Savannah perhaps?

FastMover

NFO
None
Case in point: on one of my tests in the UMFO phase one of the LSI guys happen to walk behind me as I was clicking on an answer and basically told me I was retarded if I chose that. The Navy instructors won't do that for you. Now you're expected to have a lot more of that NATOPS details in your head.

This really varies depending upon who your instructor is. Pretty much all of the instructors my class had would help you reason through any questions, with a few that would all but tell you the answer.

You have a comprehensive test supposedly (I haven't gotten there yet), but once you finish the flights and have done the test, congrats, you're going to wing!

Do you mean the NATOPS open and closed book tests? We never had one that was comprehensive. We just had the NATOPS test and the tactics test at the very end.

Now I just can't wait till April 23. I bought my wings already, just want to pin them on!

Congrats! I wish I could be there for the ceremony, unfortunately I'll be right in the middle of SERE./QUOTE]

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nav flight to Charleston, Hunter and Savannah perhaps?

Nope, first one went to Pcola, second one down to Key West, and for the third they stuck me on a tac flight. But I know who you flew with on Friday.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Stupid WarPig NFO question: Once in your squadron, do you start off as a Nav and then qual to TACCO later? More schooling to do so?

NUFO06

None
You have three months to qualify as a Tactical NAV, then you start learning the TACCO stuff. After TACCO there is TACCO Instructor and then Mission Commander. You could also go to the Weapons School and get that qual under your belt.
PFPS is the best SA tool on the plane. I love flying the CDU birds with no online computer. Preflight done in 30 - 45 minutes.