• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-3 Exchange Tour

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Anyone ever heard of an Air Force Pilot doing an exchange tour in P-3's?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not. One. Time.

Someone asking about the chances, or someone telling a tale?

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Trying to explore all options for a Join Spouse assignment for the wife. I had a Prowler DH who flew B-2's so I thought I'd see if there was any other weirdness out there.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know an AF E-3 AWACS guy that did a tour with a VAW squadron when he was a JO a long time ago.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My contact in the NUW P-3 mafia is a fellow Reservist, but shoot me a message here or on FB if you want me to get you or your wife in touch.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trying to explore all options for a Join Spouse assignment for the wife. I had a Prowler DH who flew B-2's so I thought I'd see if there was any other weirdness out there.

I know an AF E-3 AWACS guy that did a tour with a VAW squadron when he was a JO a long time ago.

No point in it, other exchange tours have some sort of professional purpose like the ones cited above (the B-2 guys got pretty concerned about EW after the F-117 got shot down, hence the Prowler exchange pilot) but since the USAF had no play in ASW there would no point in an exchange.