• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Over? Over.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
That pretty much excludes all aviators. "No earlier than within 90 days of actual EAS" and "can not be career designated".

CAMike

None
Contributor
That pretty much excludes all aviators. "No earlier than within 90 days of actual EAS" and "can not be career designated".

Exactly. Not a lot of takers for this "special offer" for many reasons. It looks good on paper and will make for a nice re-election bullet point. #1 is now fiscally conservative.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
CRM and SA, a la Airplane :D :

Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

KBayDog

CRM a la Airplane 2: The Sequel:

Simon: Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet your captain, Captain Oveur.
Clarence Oveur: Gentlemen, welcome aboard.
Simon: Captain, your navigator, Mr. Unger, and your first officer, Mr. Dunn.
Clarence Oveur: Unger.
Unger: Oveur.
Dunn: Oveur.
Clarence Oveur: Dunn. Gentlemen, let's get to work.
Simon: Unger, didn't you serve under Oveur in the Air Force?
Unger: Not directly. Technically, Dunn was under Oveur and I was under Dunn.
Dunn: Yep.
Simon: So, Dunn, you were under Oveur and over Unger.
Unger: Yep.
Clarence Oveur: That's right. Dunn was over Unger and I was over Dunn.
Unger: So, you see, both Dunn and I were under Oveur, even though I was under Dunn.
Clarence Oveur: Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Hate to continue this threadjack, but... ;)

Witness: Striker was the squadron leader. He brought us in real low. But he couldn't handle it.
Prosecutor: Buddy couldn't handle it? Was Buddy one of your crew?
Witness: Right. Buddy was the bombardier. But it was Striker who couldn't handle it, and he went to pieces.
Prosecutor: *Andy* went to pieces?
Witness: No. Andy was the navigator. He was all right. Buddy went to pieces. It was awful how he came unglued.
Prosecutor: *Howie* came unglued?
Witness: Oh, no. Howie was a rock, the best tailgunner in the outfit. Buddy came unglued.
Prosecutor: And he bailed out?
Witness: No. Andy hung tough. Buddy bailed out. How he survived, it was a miracle.
Prosecutor: Then Howie survived?
Witness: No, 'fraid not. We lost Howie the next day.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
At the bottom of the MARADMIN is a plug to join the Reserves - in which it says there are opportunities to remain on AD through the Active Reserve Program...how does that make sense...

phrogpilot73

At the bottom of the MARADMIN is a plug to join the Reserves - in which it says there are opportunities to remain on AD through the Active Reserve Program...how does that make sense...
Officers on the AR program sign three year contracts (kind of like re-enlisting). Your position would be at a Reserve unit (herding cats). Pay and benefits are the same as active duty, but the funding comes from MARFORRES and they can shit can you easier (there isn't any career designation in the AR program until you make LtCol I believe). Why does it make sense? Because the AR program is at about 70% manning. Get you off AD, plus up the AR program - and some people will go via the SMCR route to AR first. They may see the light and stay SMCR, which is also undermanned.

SWACQ

pilot
Contributor

Regardless of Phrog's post, about as much sense as letting guys go all of 90 days early really saves money. Cut a guy loose at 5-6 years and you save what, 15-20 grand?