• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OV-10 Bronco

Ozarky

pilot
Was back home this weekend in Fort Smith, AR and while driving by the airport spotted a plane I’d always hoped to see in person. Kicked in the door of the FBO and asked if I could take a look at her and they kindly obliged! Turns out there’s a company called Blue Air Training that specializes in JTAC and CAS training that’s using the Bronco as well as some others in their endeavors. Most importantly, they’ve got an opening for a pilot in Fort Smith, and anyone interested in the job need only let me know when it’s time to come take my incentive ride ?

Attachments

• 08A01FC1-7411-4D1B-B61E-72242EA7DA60.jpeg
    08A01FC1-7411-4D1B-B61E-72242EA7DA60.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 99
  • E78B68BE-1BFF-43DE-8B08-FD08A777DBE9.jpeg
    E78B68BE-1BFF-43DE-8B08-FD08A777DBE9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
VMO-2 to be exact. That was my dad’s squadron. He was a maintainer in VMO-2 for a good chunk of his career, including Desert Storm and many deployments to the PI/Oki. He has some amazing stories. I still love that plane, glad to see it’s still being used.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've lost track as to whether I'm even supposed to respond to these threads, but @HeyJoe (who doesn't seem to register in the software anymore) might have something to add. Bottom line...it's a cool airframe doing cool stuff.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, that one was VMO-2’s Skipper LtCol Cliff Acree and Warrant Hunter.

BarryD

Contributor
Trivia for the nuggets: how'd the OV-10s get to the Gulf?
Just looked it up — that’s a long way.

I would have guessed they would have embarked on an LPH.

Last edited:

Pags

N/A
pilot
Just looked it up — that’s a long way.

I would have guessed they would have embarked on an LPH.
Now I'm the one who has to do the research...I thought ferry via L-class and CV with a WWII style running takeoff was the answer! ?