• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Outside of district recuiter

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Has anyone here have any experience using a recruiter outside of their recruiting district? I have found a recruiter that is outside my district but is really wanting to work with me, however my assigned recruiter(in my district) is not letting me go. I understand that this gets into the territory of poaching however in this case he did not seek me out I sought him out.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It should be fine. As long as you went out of district and the recruiter didn't actively poach you, you can carry on.

Goob83

None
Has anyone here have any experience using a recruiter outside of their recruiting district? I have found a recruiter that is outside my district but is really wanting to work with me, however my assigned recruiter(in my district) is not letting me go. I understand that this gets into the territory of poaching however in this case he did not seek me out I sought him out.

The way it should work is you write a letter to the OPO at the district you are in telling them why you want to work with someone else and not his recruiter. Inform him why and that the guy you want is not pursuing you but you are pursuing him. they cannot really deny your request. Or they other way to do it is to write the opo in the district the recruiter is in you want to use and have him contact the OPO in sandiego. this will allow them to work things out.

Good luck

chrispaul

NFO
None
I agree with the above posts. When I was in recruiting, there were not any hard "rules" about this situation - it was mostly a professional courtesy between the recruiters to allow a prospect (you) work with the recruiter of your preference.

Ideally, the recruiters must give priority to making a good prospect into an officer above who gets "credit".

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ideally, the recruiters must give priority to making a good prospect into an officer above who gets "credit".

Really, it is hard for me to believe that any officer recruiter, except medical and nuke, is having a hard time making his numbers. Fighting over an accession is ridiculous. I am not sure I would want to work with a recruiter that would rather notch his desk top for another accession then just letting the applicant work with who he wants. Just put the guy on the bus for God's sake. Doesn't matter who does it.

Goob83

None
Really, it is hard for me to believe that any officer recruiter, except medical and nuke, is having a hard time making his numbers. Fighting over an accession is ridiculous. I am not sure I would want to work with a recruiter that would rather notch his desk top for another accession then just letting the applicant work with who he wants. Just put the guy on the bus for God's sake. Doesn't matter who does it.

It would seem correct but poaching is a NO NO so you must do your best to work together. There are only a FEW DISTRACTS that made goal so every applicant is needed. CNRC is starting programs with officer recruiters much like enlisted recruiters have now and FAULT TRANSFERS are possible and will actually happen. If we pull an applicant out of a district that is failing that CO can raise a lot of HELL and be within his/her rights. Trading designators from one NRD to another is no longer permitted to make goal so if you make your numbers but miss a catagorey you still fail.

Most OPO's are easy to work with as long as they don't find out second hand but if they do find out Poaching occured then someone in gonna get an LOI for sure. I wish they would make it open season and no boundries it would make my job so much eaiser for sure. I turn so many folks away out of my district, that cannot get response from recruiters in their area it is sad. I would love to help these folks but I am not permitted. Best I can do is call the OPO in the district responsible and hope they call them.

If the wanna be is in a walk in market like san diego / dallas/ houston/ New england that will make their numbers with no problem, then prosepect may get a call or they may not. if they call me back and tell me this I have them write a letter to my OPO or XO asking for assistance with reasons.

Mav0130

I recommended a friend to the plc program who goes to school in VA and he uses the same OSO as me. seems to be workin ok...

Goob83

None
I recommended a friend to the plc program who goes to school in VA and he uses the same OSO as me. seems to be workin ok...
Navy and Marine Recruting are not connected in any way. out of district recruiting is done all the time both under the table and with courtesy notification. all I am stating is it is best for all, if the two districts are notified and know it is happening.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are only a FEW DISTRACTS that made goal so every applicant is needed.
But they probably only fail to meet goal because they fell down in a difficult area like nuke and medical programs. If you are the OPO or CO it is a bummer if your district doesn't make goal. But if it is because you didn't get your one chaplain it is seen in another light, especially if the national goal for chaplain was met. I don't care where you are. If you can't find a couple SWOs spys and chops per program and 6-8 pilots and nfos a piece, then you deserve to get a Fault Transfer. Goaling numbers for aviation and general officer type designators are so low it just should not be that difficult. Sure NRDs miss goal. But in my experience it is usually because they didn't get enough "diversity" candidates, or hard fills like emergency medicine physicians, chaplains, or nukes. Poaching for a general officer type program, as in the case of the original poster, is just impolite. Stealing a surgeon is a hang'in offense.:icon_rage

BTW, total BS that you can no longer offer your overages to another NRD to help them cover goal. Even back in the day when our numbers were twice what they are today, we were able to help out another NRD with their goal.

Goob83

None
you speak the truth !I wish you were in charge of CNRC! too bad they put folks in the office that have no clue about recruiting or how to improve the process.

But they probably only fail to meet goal because they fell down in a difficult area like nuke and medical programs. If you are the OPO or CO it is a bummer if your district doesn't make goal. But if it is because you didn't get your one chaplain it is seen in another light, especially if the national goal for chaplain was met. I don't care where you are. If you can't find a couple SWOs spys and chops per program and 6-8 pilots and nfos a piece, then you deserve to get a Fault Transfer. Goaling numbers for aviation and general officer type designators are so low it just should not be that difficult. Sure NRDs miss goal. But in my experience it is usually because they didn't get enough "diversity" candidates, or hard fills like emergency medicine physicians, chaplains, or nukes. Poaching for a general officer type program, as in the case of the original poster, is just impolite. Stealing a surgeon is a hang'in offense.:icon_rage

BTW, total BS that you can no longer offer your overages to another NRD to help them cover goal. Even back in the day when our numbers were twice what they are today, we were able to help out another NRD with their goal.