• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Other gouge / actual study books? input from those whov taken please

staff

Hey guys, I'm gonna be studying for the ASTB over the christmas break. I've found the ASTB sample test, but I can't find the ARCO study guide. Can I buy this book in a book store? And what else should I consider getting, any FAA stuff?

Sundown

Eight-year-olds, Dude...
staff said:
So I should study the ARCO book, the practice ASTB and what else?

I thought the ARCO book was really close to the actual test. Also the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge is great if you have minimal knowledge of aircraft parts and how flight operations are conducted. I just took the ASTB for the first time yesterday and struck out (OAR 49 4/5/5) so I have thirty days more to study and PT. I think I did moderately well considering I only studied the night before the test. Definitely listen to the advice to know this stuff weeks in advance. You really have to over-study I guess. Even with only one night of cramming I recognized some of the questions from the ARCO book. I just can't believe I did as bad as I did, I truly thought that I was doing awesome until that screen at the end came up with the scores. My OSO laughed at me because I told him at break that I was doing well. I'm an idiot. :eek: