• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Osteo bio-flex...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Anybody use this? Doc?
After 20 years in the Navy, my f-ing knees want to give out 2-3 miles into a run. Literally feels like they want to fold, and later at night I can't put any weight on the right one.
They swell up pretty good after normal pt. It goes away after a day or so. Some older guys swear by this stuff and just want some more input. I don' bother with medical 'cause they'll just say "you're old".

All I take in the meantime is beer:D.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Well, you are old Rob!
I'm a spring chicken compared to you. In fact, I'm not sure how you still have an upchit, but I assume it's because your medical record is so thick, nobody can find anything in there.
Cheers

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I use something similar...it works very well for my knees, ankles, hips...and seems to work better (for me, at least) than osteo bio flex.

Glucosamine Sulfate, 1000mg, two per day. Research on this and the osteo stuff is pretty thorough.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just a little swelling....
knee.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Might I suggest a Glucosamine/Chondroitin combination supplement? It helped me when I injured my shoulder lifting weights. My Shoulder would pop when I rotated it (probably torn rotator cuff) and after a few weeks of taking it easy and taking said supplement, it stopped clicking and no longer hurt.

give it a go.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Might I suggest a Glucosamine/Chondroitin combination supplement? .....give it a go.

It's got it ... :)

Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size 2 Caplets
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories 10
Total Carbohydrate 2g
1%
Dietary Fiber <1g
3%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 60mg
100%
Manganese (as manganese sulfate) 2mg
100%
Sodium 105mg
4%
Glucosamine HCL 1500mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 1200mg
Boron (as sodium tetraborate) 3mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value not established.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
HEY DOC !!! :eek:

They've got me shootin' up every day with a Forteo pen in addition to regular supplements ... I'm spineless as it turns out.

And all the time everyone thought I was an asshole, I was just overcompensating for having no spine ...:D

Who could know??? :D

robav8r

None
Contributor
Well, you are old Rob!
I'm a spring chicken compared to you. In fact, I'm not sure how you still have an upchit, but I assume it's because your medical record is so thick, nobody can find anything in there.
Cheers

Hozer - Your words cut deep my friend. Will be getting my admin up-chit next week at Jax. Pray for me . . . . . :D