• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oshkosh ATC

TexasForever

pilot
didn't hear anything for a couple minutes and was about to shut it off then controlled chaos broke loose. Pretty cool. I'm now going to expect a "great job welcome to X" any time I land.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I flew a P-3 into Oshkosh 2012. It was a clusterfuck. But I had the time of my life. I found this on YouTube. This was me after being cleared to land when this little asshole taxied onto the runway and started his roll making us go around.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
First time I flew there as a non-civilian (1981), we took two TA-4's from Kingsville. Having been there a couple of times in college in Cessna's, we assumed they would want us separated for sequencing on a straight-in, so we took our own limited separation at about 7 miles out. When approach handed us over to tower, the controller told us to bring it in tight for "a nice carrier break, just like at the boat". We knew we were dealing with a former Navy guy so we quickly closed it up and happily obliged. :cool: Took A-4's there a few more times when I was doing the adversary thing. One year we were having breakfast at one of the outdoor areas and we struck up a conversation with a WWII Marine vet who flew F4U's in the Pacific. Great stories. The next year we were there again and were walking along one morning (in civilian clothes) looking at planes, and we heard a gravelly voice from behind ask, "You boys bring some Scooters here again this year?" It was the Marine vet again. :) Anyone going this year? I'll be there today.