• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orientation

kirtap

I begin my orientation tomorrow at 0800 above 5000 feet. I feel that I'm in good shape, but we'll find out:eek:. Anyone else start orientation tomorrow?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
God help your sorry soul......

j/k....have fun. Orientation week is a joke, and you will look back and laugh even if you weren't laughing at the time (which would be hard to believe). Also, nobody is gonna kick you out for being out of shape, so don't sweat that.....the PT level that takes place at O week is also a joke....maybe a little intense for someone who has never really worked out before, but you should be alright. Not that you shouldn't strive to do well physically, but to put things in perspective, you should see some of the people who make it through the entire NROTC program and commission as fatties

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
I'll be one of the instructors for my unit's orientation this year. It's 8 weeks long! No doubt it will be intense, for the canditidates and the instructors. It's the first time we ever had such a lengthy orientation, so we'll see how it turns out.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
MUHAHAHAHA!! I just got back from six days of breaking off 58...no make that 56 NROTC candidates over the a 6 day weekend at Ft. Benning.:icon_rage

The indocs that you all are describing sound like a candy-ass friggin joke compared to what myself and other motivated, knowledgeable Marines and mids put our new guys through. No slack...straight damn Marine Corps type training and discipline.

They all sucked very bad at pretty much everything we made them do........

They're all now much, much better 4th class midshipmen than most of you will ever be.:icon_rage

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
MUHAHAHAHA!! I just got back from six days of breaking off 58...no make that 56 NROTC candidates over the a 6 day weekend at Ft. Benning.:icon_rage

The indocs that you all are describing sound like a candy-ass friggin joke compared to what myself and other motivated, knowledgeable Marines and mids put our new guys through. No slack...straight damn Marine Corps type training and discipline.

They all sucked very bad at pretty much everything we made them do........

They're all now much, much better 4th class midshipmen than most of you will ever be.:icon_rage

See, your unit has a military base to help you out. Its kind of hard for our MECEPs and OCs to give them "bootcamp-style" training when:

A. You're nowhere close to a serious Naval/training base
B. Your training is on a university campus

Needless to say, I wish our unit could do the same as yours.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor

Or they're a bunch of tools that will get burned out on the whole thing before they even get through their Fourth class year.

NROTC includes a lot of people who have zero interest or need for "straight damn Marine Corps type training and discipline".

All you 4th class mids/freshmen/wannabees keep in mind that the Navy is not NROTC.

Boats

"MUHAHAHAHA!! I just got back from six days of breaking off 58...no make that 56 NROTC candidates over the a 6 day weekend at Ft. Benning.:icon_rage

bla blah blah They're all now much, much better 4th class midshipmen than most of you will ever be.:icon_rage"

Relax, it is only ROTC indoc, we can't all be hard like you. Seriously though, there is nothing worse than a mid thinking he is a bad ass with zero real world experience ( I know you have plenty but there are many who go through indoc one summer and two years later they think they won the war) Take a step back, laugh at the mistakes that they make (that you may have too) and remember that one day you will work with these guys so train them up right. The real training comes later as you know.