• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Any recently commissioned PLC Aviators gotten orders yet. I know I am mostly impatient, but I was just wondering what company any of you who have recently commissioned are getting put in. I have a buddy who says he isn't leaving until Nov and had a tentative of Sep (Fox.)

Dustball

2nd LT
I was commissioned 24 April and still no word on official orders. How does your friend know he has been pushed back, did he have some school issues and have his tentative date pushed back? I talked to some people and they said that orders for Fox Co won't even be cut until sometime in July or even August the norm is suppose to be at least 30 days notice. My tentative date is Sep 2 and like you I'm getting very impatient already. Anybody out there got their orders?

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
Somebody explain to me what the Marines have new commissioned 2nd Luitentants doing in between OCS and TBS. I'm trying to get into OCC 187 with an air contract. From what I understand, TBS for the fall OCC guys usually starts up in Jan/Feb. So what happens in between that time?

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Hey dustball, I don't know if he has gotten anything specific like orders. I doubt it actually. So of course it doesn't mean much. I guess I just assume that where he has gotten some word, perhaps his OSO is more in the loop. I half way suspect that they know more than they let on but won't tell the cand/Lt's anything because of the way things are so apt to change. Anyways, I have to go early for IFS and so did he, that is why we would be leaving so early. I could handle Sep as a tentative date, its that no one seems to know a tentative date for going to IFS.

As far as for what people do between OCS and TBS, I had a buddy that just went to OCC and he got about two weeks in between OCS and TBS. Direct commissionees get first slot for TBS, I believe you usually have a good idea before you leave OCS when you are supposed to report to TBS. Thus, the reason that myself as PLC'er gets last priority in TBS slots and could leave in June, Sep, Nov.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I was just commissioned two weeks ago and I haven't received orders yet. I've heard either September or November. A buddy of mine just got his orders to report on June 17. Apparently since he is NFO, he does his IFS down in Pensacola. Anyways, I'm hoping to go in September. I'm getting awfully bored sitting around at home doing nothing. Thank God I made a boatload of money from graduating!

el_bastardo

November means Arctic Alpha! Just in time for the rifle range to be in the middle of January. Yeah, I miss it... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Here's a motivated picture of me sitting on the ready boxes getting ready to fire:

Attachments

• nate cold.jpg
    nate cold.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 127

Fongabonga

pilot
Hey Lt Humphereys
I just got commissioned on thursday, awesome! I had a Sept. 2 tentative date as well but I've heard that all Aviation contracts from our class will probably be reporting at the end of Nov. which means if you're going to IFS, we'll be going down to Quantico around Sept. I want to leave now, sitting around doing a half ass part time job stinks.
-2nd Lt. Fong

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Hey Lt. Fong. Congrats. I don't mind what ever they do. I just wish that they would give a solid idea. I just get alot of "i don't know's." I need to get a job if they don't hurry up and send me.
Anyways, that's the second time I have heard that they are pushing the air contracts back. I hope we all get out there at the same time regardless. We shall have some good times. Later Lt.

Hump.

Dustball

2nd LT
I highly doubt they are pushing all PLC-Air contracts back to Nov do you guys remember how many air contracts there were, I was Combined and it was like 75% air contracts. I'm willing to bet that they put half the class in Sept and half of it in Nov. Of course this is pure specualtion I havn't heard any news at all I'm trying to ignore the scuttlebut as much as possible.

el_bastardo

Seems similar to my situation last year.

I was originally scheduled to class up with Fox co starting Sept 5th but I got pushed back and didn't know when I was to report. Then I got word to report Oct 1 for IFS and then class up with Alpha co Dec 1. The rest is history.

Now it's graduate June 10th, report into MATSG June 26th, API on July 1. Oorah!

Have fun at TBS, Marines.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Just remember ..... its gonna be coooollllllddddddd at the rifle range (hehe)

Lt. Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.