• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders on hold

sarnav

I am looking to submit my package for OCS in the next few weeks, but I found out I am set to transfer in early January. I thought (I know what happens when us enlisted think) that I was supposed to stay at my current command until I get a go or no go. Anyone else ever deal with this situation. On th OCS application there is the "I am not under PCS orders part", but it also says the command should send out the abeyance(sp?) message, so that is where I am getting my info.
V/r
SN

twidget

Deskaholic
I am looking to submit my package for OCS in the next few weeks, but I found out I am set to transfer in early January. SN

Do you mean you talked to your detailer about orders, and have a set already negotiated, or that you know your PRD is in January? If you or someone from your command talked to the detailer, did they mention your impending OCS application? It wasn't difficult for me. While I was negotiating, I told the detailer I was applying for OCS. My command also sent him a message to make it official and cover their butts. I had a set of orders that were put on hold for 4 months, until they were cancelled when I was selected.

OPNAVINST 1420.1A (Chap 4)
d. Transfer Policy

(1) Applicants for OCS receiving permanent change of station orders for execution subsequent to applying for this program should not be transferred until officially notified of selection or non-selection. If a transfer directive is received, the commanding officer shall notify the orders originating authority that the individual has applied for selection for the OCS Program and that orders are being held in abeyance until notification of selection or non-selection. If the applicant is selected, the commanding officer should notify the order originator that the individual has been selected and that orders should be canceled. If the applicant is not selected, the command should transfer the individual and notify the orders originator that the orders have been executed.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It doesn't sound like you have hard copy orders yet, but even if you do, you could probably have the detailer send a ORDMOD to cancel previous ordes. Either way, best thing for you to do is communicate.