• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Options...

Status
Not open for further replies.

garbsfsu

I jsut failed my ASTB for the second time i recieved a score of a 4/5/4 and my OSO told me that i failed by a few questions...he said that going as a ground contract is almost impossible right now and if i go OCC it is even more harder to get into due to too many people wanting to get into the program. Is there any other options out there for me? What do you need to score on the NAVY ASTB to qualify?
banghead_125.gif

BYSun

What was your OAR? What specifically were you applying for?

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

garbsfsu

I am not certain as to my OAR score i was extremly pissed off when i saw that i failed. I was applying for SNA I was all set i just needed to complete this and my packet was to go out ASAP. I have a 235 on my PFT which is not great but it gets the job done. he said there is no open spots for Ground for this summer. I was going for Combined OCS I am 15 credits shy of graduating.

jwnole

Hey garbs, you and I both work with Capt Kyker and Gunny Roberson yes? I think you should submit your packet anyway, retake the astb in late July and have your amended score faxed to the August board for ocs in Oct. Thats your best bet man. Capt or Gunny can elaborate.

good luck-

jw

garbsfsu

yes i do work with them...i think that is what i will do i mean i guess three times the charm eh? by then i should get a hi PFT score and pass my ASTB and my chances hopefully will be outstanding...thanks for the help! when are you set to go? did u pass your ASTB?

jwnole

I passed on the fifth of Jan. Set to go in October if all goes well. Flight physical this Thursday. PFT in a few weeks. Pullups are a drag.

-jw

garbsfsu

good luck with the pullups i would get a pullup bar at Oshmans and have it up in your house it helped me out a whole lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.