• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Options post bachelor's degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwc 05

Helo Guy
pilot
I am a currently a senior in college, set to graduate with my Bachelor's degree in May. I know that aviation slots are tight right now, so I am trying to figure out ways to maximize my chances for selection over the next few years. I have searched, but haven't found a specific answer to this question. Is there any way of applying to OCS for a future date (say '07 if I pursue a Master's degree) while attending graduate school? I know that the BDCP program exists for undergrads, but I'm not sure if there is a similar program for grad students. I wouldn't expect the navy to pay for it (although that would be ideal), I could figure out how to make it work through scholarships, grants, and loans, but the ability to apply and possibly be selected for a future date would make it worthwhile. The other alternatives that I am considering right now involve taking a technical civilian job with the Department of the Navy, which I am hoping will at the very least provide credible letters of recommendation in addition to those I already have. Thanks in advance for any help that you all can provide.

Kycntryboy

pilot
no, however depending on what you want to into they might have different programs associated with that for instance dentists and I believe doctors...(edit) reread and saw aviation spot. ...call a recruiter, they would have better info than any of us.

nugget81

pilot
With a special circumstance like yours a recruiter would probably have the best answers. Sorry we couldn't be of more help...

Status
Not open for further replies.