• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Zequa

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge if opting for a ground contract in the process of the selection board for an air contract will make it more or less likely to actually be selected for air if the applicant is fully qualified? I could see it going both ways. They could value the fact that you are committed to becoming a Marine Officer and select you for air, or alternatively, they could look at the needs of the corps and automatically put you to ground because it's an easier decision to make and there are many other air applicants. For fact, I know that air slots are decreasing due to the backlogged system at the moment, so what do you think is more likely? Thanks!

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Does anyone have any experience/knowledge if opting for a ground contract in the process of the selection board for an air contract will make it more or less likely to actually be selected for air if the applicant is fully qualified? I could see it going both ways. They could value the fact that you are committed to becoming a Marine Officer and select you for air, or alternatively, they could look at the needs of the corps and automatically put you to ground because it's an easier decision to make and there are many other air applicants. For fact, I know that air slots are decreasing due to the backlogged system at the moment, so what do you think is more likely? Thanks!
Do not sign up for ground unless that is your intent. A guaranteed air contract is one of the few advantages of choosing USMC.