• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Online classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrillseeker121

I was told I have to complete four online classes before I go to OCS. Can anyone tell me how long these classes are? What the classes might entail? And, are there any resources I could get my hands on that will help me with these classes?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think that the classes are pretty easy - at least that is what I have heard. They teach you everything you need to know before you have to answer any kind of questions (I think). I also have to do these classes, but last time I checked I couldn't get the site to come up.

CLAM97to99

I am working on my online classes right now. It’s pretty easy but I am just getting started. It’s kind of like a power point slide show that is ran off the internet. At least that is the best way I can describe it.

OCS Service Etiquette took me about 1.5 hours to do. I am currently working on the OCS Naval History and it is pretty long but they have the online part and a M.S. Word part you can download. From what I have completed it appears to cover just a little more than what is the online part. If you were lazy and dishonest you could probably just fast-forward through the slides (since it keeps track of what you have done) and just use the notes you can download to take the test. I can see that coming back to bite you though. The tests are also timed. For the OCS Service Etiquette part there 11 questions on the quiz and they gave me like 180 minutes to take it. And you can take that one as many times as you want. I took it until I got a 100% on it (twice).

If you go to the following web-site it tells you how to sign up for the classes. Although I don’t know what the prerequisites are for it. Wither or not any one can take them or if you have to be selected to.

http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/ocs/academic_training.htm

CLAM97to99

Mine told me about it at my swear-in . He said now that OCS has been changed from 13 weeks to 12 weeks it is important that I do the online learning because that stuff has been clipped and is still important. He told me to go to OCS's web-site and it would tell me how to sign up. That was pretty much all that was said to me. It possibly wasn't mentioned to you yet because, if I remember correctly, you are a FY06 person so you have some time till you leave and it isn’t imperative that you complete it now.

thrillseeker121

I don't leave until Oct next year.....so I don't think I'll do the classes until next summer. I am still in college and have enough academic work to do. I don't want to have to take another four classes right now.

So CLAM97to99, these classes are nothing that would take several weeks to complete? If you don't complete the class in one sitting are you allowed to come back at a later time and finish the class?

Sabre170

None
Don't sweat the classes. They are easy. Naval History has nine or so lessons. The others are basic. You can do them all in one day or a weekend... I would wait until next year if you have a long time until OCS... I finished mine in Jul-Aug and now I can't remember most of it. I will go back a review before OCS in two months.

CLAM97to99

Does anyone know how these classes are accounted for once you reach OCS? Wither they test us on them there, or do they check to see if they are done through the Navy Online Learning?

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
I printed off my certificates of completion and plan to bring them to OCS just in case they don't have electronic records. The classes aren't hard, but History does take some time to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.