• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One last question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericny1

Basically my question is, is helicopter just as competitive as jet, and if I can have my contract ubon enlistment express the fact that i am entering to become a pilot and nothing more. Also i was wondering if any of you know my girlfriends uncle Col. Scott Pomerico a harrier pilot in the US Marines whom i wish i could contact for more info however he is participating in the war effort.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
The first and most important thing is that you want to become a Marine, worry about the pilot stuff later. Second, some contracts are guaranteed aviation (you get a chance but if you fail out, you go to the ground side for 4 years)- make sure it explicitly states guaranteed aviation. Third, you will be required to spend a majority of your time doing your ground job - not flying - and after your fleet tour, you may very well get a non-flying "B" billet tour for 3 years. Finally, you can almost always get helos - the higher grades are required for jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.