• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

One good eye, one not so good?

foxton

Hi, I have one eye which is my good left eye at 20/15, and the other is not so good at 20/30 ~ 40. Will this be a problem? With both eyes opened I can see at 20/15 easily. But if its just my right eye I can't see as well. Will this be a problem if I wish to become a pilot?

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
I'm in a similar situation. Right eye is 20/10-15, left eye is 20/25-30. I have to wear glasses when I fly, but that's it. As long as there isn't some, more serious, underlying cause and you're correctable to 20/20 you should be good to go.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Hi, I have one eye which is my good left eye at 20/15, and the other is not so good at 20/30 ~ 40. Will this be a problem? With both eyes opened I can see at 20/15 easily. But if its just my right eye I can't see as well. Will this be a problem if I wish to become a pilot?

Don't take this the wrong way but a simple search would have answered your question in the amount of time it took for you to write this question. I believe the requirements are a single eye has to be better than 20/40 and correctable to 20/20. If this is you then you are fine. Here is just one thread that popped up when I did the search.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151731&highlight=Vision+Requirements

Good Luck!

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I'm in a similar situation. Right eye is 20/10-15, left eye is 20/25-30. I have to wear glasses when I fly, but that's it. As long as there isn't some, more serious, underlying cause and you're correctable to 20/20 you should be good to go.

Check your Rx against the limits for myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism, as it is possible to have vision within limits (i.e. 20/40), correctable to 20/20, and be out of the limits for SNAs.

Van

Check your Rx against the limits for myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism, as it is possible to have vision within limits (i.e. 20/40), correctable to 20/20, and be out of the limits for SNAs.

Um yea, mentioned that:

As long as there isn't some, more serious, underlying cause and you're correctable to 20/20 you should be good to go.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
You'll fit in perfect man, that's why we have eye patches in the Navy.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Um yea, mentioned that:

Just giving some extra guidance. Myopia, Hyperopia, and Astigmatism are what glasses/contacts correct for. It is quite possible, and not really a serious underlying condition, to have a disqualifying refractive correction if your vision is 20/40-ish, although probably unlikely. For example, if all of the refractive error is due to astigmatism, it could easily be out of the -1.00 diopter limit even if it is correctable to 20/20 and within the vision standards of 20/40.

For OP reference, I believe the standards are:
myopia: -1.50 diopters
hyperopia: +3.00 diopters
astigmatism -1.00 diopters.

Reactions: Van

Van

Roger. What you mentioned is kind of what I had in mind. Thanks for clearing up my mud puddle!