• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

On-Line Ground Schools

ripvanhinkle

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with on-line or DVD ground school instructions (Sporty's, Gleims, Jeppesen) and whether they are any good. I completed about 25 hours for NIFS in 2003 and passed the FAA exam but am looking to get back into it and take the test again and get my PPL. Just wanted to know if any of them were decent. Thanks.

ryan1234

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with on-line or DVD ground school instructions (Sporty's, Gleims, Jeppesen) and whether they are any good. I completed about 25 hours for NIFS in 2003 and passed the FAA exam but am looking to get back into it and take the test again and get my PPL. Just wanted to know if any of them were decent. Thanks.

The Sporty's and King vids are good if you're having trouble sleeping.

Every written I've taken, just used the Gleim study guide. It's pretty right to the point.

Good luck!

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Yup, Gleim study guide DVD has been my go to. I actually really like the King videos, but I never used any of them as my primary source of knowledge; only to reinforce or clarify the things I've learned.

OscarMyers

None
The FAA has the Pilots Handbook of Aero Knowledge and the Airplane Flying Handbook for free download on their website, they have printed editions out there too. If your addicted to the ipad like I am those pubs are also available in app form and ASA has a great study app. There is a ton of study programs out there, they all have the same FAA question bank in them. If your looking at sportys i think you can get a free trial dvd from them. And you cant forget about your free student pilot membership/subscription to AOPA and its training magazine. Even if you don't get a membership you can create a free account to access some pretty good online courses.