• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Omega Speedmaster with Naval Aviator Wings

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
You had to put a price floor on it... now how am I supposed to swoop in and get it for a dollar?

Nice watch though.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Nice watch ... but 'squeeze me ... the moniker "Moon Watch" that you use in your (nice) EBay auction belongs to the Omega Speedmaster Professional ... like .... ever since Buzz Aldrin wore it on the moon .... like the one I've been wearing for nearly 40 years. Thanks, Mom ... :)

omegamoonwatchww3.gif

The "early" Astronauts could keep theirs ... supposedly, the people today must turn theirs in at mission completion ... I'm sure. :)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The "early" Astronauts could keep theirs ... supposedly, the people today must turn theirs in at mission completion ... I'm sure. :)
[/B]

Same one I wear. I'm sure a bunch of those watches get lost too! Hmm off tomorrow, may throw in "From Earth to the moon"

EvilGN

pilot
My question is - have you waited the 5 years? ;)

you got me, I have no idea what the joke is....

as far as why I am selling it, becuase I am trying to make a buck....

as far as the reference to "moon" watch, that was from the original selling description off the Omega website....though I can not find that page anymore...

regardless, the watch is what it is, those who are interested will know what they are getting....

VS FO

pilot
None
I think they are referring to one of the conditions set by Omega if you purchase the watch at the special rate given to Naval aviators. If I recall they made us sign a form stating we would not sell the watch for 5 years....
Maybe things have changed.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I think they are referring to one of the conditions set by Omega if you purchase the watch at the special rate given to Naval aviators. If I recall they made us sign a form stating we would not sell the watch for 5 years....
Maybe things have changed.
No, things have not changed. And it is no longer on Omega's website as it is now only available through the military pilot/astronaut program and not to the gen'l public.
And agree w/A4s...to many calling it a Moonwatch is akin to heresy, though it is indeed a Speedmaster Professional (not all Speedmaster's carry the moniker Professional).

Edit: It is actually called the "Mars Watch" by Omega.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
$2000+ for a watch? I've had the same $40 Timex Ironman Triathlon for 10 years. Never broke, only had to replace the battery a few times.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would think anyone with wings would have acess to the group buy discount and anyone without would wait until they did have them but good luck selling it I suppose.