• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Uniforms

sickboy

pilot
Question for all the priors out there. What did you do with your old uniforms? I have three sets of barely used camis that I would only use again on the off chance I get an IA with a USMC unit. I was going to pass them off to one of our Marine Options, but they don't seem fit anyone (I have obnoxiously long arms for my height).

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've never heard of anyone doing an IA with a Marine unit. You'll never wear those MARPATs again unless you become a surgeon or Chaplain. Give them to the base thrift shop or sell 'em on eBay.

Though you can make some good cutoffs with the trou. That's what I did with my DCU trou after my IA.

sickboy

pilot
I've never heard of anyone doing an IA with a Marine unit. You'll never wear those MARPATs again unless you become a surgeon or Chaplain. Give them to the base thrift shop or sell 'em on eBay.

Though you can make some good cutoffs with the trou. That's what I did with my DCU trou after my IA.

We had a SWO attached to our company for a while. I don't remember what he did though.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We had a SWO attached to our company for a while. I don't remember what he did though.

A SWO? Well, unless you were in an ANGLICO company (they used to have some SWOs for NGFS-type stuff, though I didn't think they did that anymore), I can't think of what he would have been doing there. Might be he was medical or supply and had an equivalent Surface pin - they look damn near identical unless you look close. Or he was an ex-SWO doing something different now. Or he was a SWO attached to some CENTCOM joint and just passing through the company for some purpose.

I'd be 99% sure he wasn't on an IA, though. The only IA's I've ever heard of were to Army units, joint staffs and every once in a very great while, a dirtside Air Force unit. Never Marines. They've got plenty of their own Navy dudes without asking for augmentation, as you well know.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I'd be 99% sure he wasn't on an IA, though. The only IA's I've ever heard of were to Army units, joint staffs and every once in a very great while, a dirtside Air Force unit. Never Marines. They've got plenty of their own Navy dudes without asking for augmentation, as you well know.

FWIW, I think one or two out of our company of ~100 that I went through IA training with in Fort Jackson went to the Marines (to a ground unit). I can think of one more who did and one more who is current IA'ed to the Marines... in other words, rare. And the billet that all three did will probably soon be obsolete and only apply to OIF.

phrogpilot73

A SWO? Well, unless you were in an ANGLICO company (they used to have some SWOs for NGFS-type stuff, though I didn't think they did that anymore), I can't think of what he would have been doing there.
They still do it (ANGLICO), and it's not just ANGLICO that has SWOs. An Infantry Battalion still rates a NGLO....

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
What did you do with your old uniforms?

The only two items I kept were my Enlisted Service Dress Blues and my Peacoat.

I turned my peacoat into an Officer Reefer Coat/Jacket. You can do yourself or you can give your peacoat to the Navy Exchange and have them do it for your. It entails replacing the buttons with 40L gold buttons, as well as sewing on pieces of fabric to the shoulder to which you will secure your shoulder boards.

Eventually, I am going to mount my Dress Blues in a large shadowbox-frame.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

A couple of the EWO IA's went to Marine units and some of the EWO IA's were SWOs, so it is likely there were a few SWOs playing with the Marines. I am sure fun times were had by all.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
What did I do with my old uniforms?? :confused:

Forty-eight years ago?? :confused:

You gotta be s***ing me!! I don't remember what I had for dinner last night!! :D