• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Uniforms Worth Anything?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Its been done already.
giphy.gif

mutton chop

Now that I'm pretty much done and likely won't need any uniforms I have taken stock and can't help but notice I have a metric $h!t-ton of khaki's, flight suits, and summer whites. Anyone have any ideas besides throwing them out?
Find a US Naval Sea Cadet unit and donate. They can use the khakis and summer whites. Not so much the bags.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There is always the Village People, a worthy cause....

You joke, but between that damn hat, the shoulder boards, and rack of ribbons, that's some serious cash there. I'm still bitter about the price of that damn hat. I'll have to get over it looking at my retirement check, I guess.

AULANI

I don't know where you live but there's a place in Alexandria, VA that will buy back old uniforms. They sell them to film companies that use them to make military movies.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Happened to be cleaning house this weekend and came across khakis, mess dress, and AWGs in my closet. Mrs. Pags convinced me to keep them despite the purge I was in the middle of.

Also came across a box filled with flight suits in the basement. Maybe some day my kids will get a kick out of them? I think I'm probably ok to Chuck the drysuit though...