• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old Skool Navy Safety Video

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I can't believe they got that blonde to agree to a wet t-shirt contest in the first minute!

EDIT: the end HOLY COW! I feel bad for that guy.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
graphic.

where the hell are the beezies with bikinis on my flightline!? was this a 70's only thing?

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
I wish they could've focused more on the beach chick or the safety officer. I'm pretty interested in their procedures and techniques....

Redux

Good ole "Man From Lox" a spinoff of the popular "Man From Glad" commercials. I first saw it in Memphis A school circa 1969. We LOVED it and it brought comedy with just enough reality to make an impression on a 19 year old sailor or jarhead. 40 years later and I still remember it, the Navy got it's monies worth, who knows they may still show it today for all I know. ;)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
graphic.
where the hell are the beezies with bikinis on my flightline!? was this a 70's only thing?
One routine Monday morning my squadron-mate brought his '70s Playboy Club Bunny girlfriend, along with her equally awesome friend for a "tour of where he worked," (VF-151, Hangar #1, NAS Miramar.).

They showed up wearing white go-go boots, pink hot pants, and black see-through net tops with their awesome 'nips' easily poking out into our pristine squadron spaces!

Suddenly, all maintenance in the hangar stopped! As they made their way to the ready room, coffee was spilled, flight briefs stopped, and fools abounded, tripping over themselves, regardless of rank. Then the "Bunnies" got to go to the line and man – I mean, woman-up – an F-4, while the plane captains were damn near in fisticuffs for priority to strap them in.

Later she/he/I/and others....we all lived in a mansion in La Jolla, and my friend finally married his Playboy Bunny.... but later divorced. Regardless, we all still remain friends and in contact.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot. The "man from lox" was my most memorable training flick...........ever!

If those women had been commies, we would surely lost the Cold War without a fight!

[ps: older than dirt (but so am I), she still looks pretty good even today. :D]

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
great film. Why can't we have films that effective now adays? It got the point across, with humor and with a dose of reality. It didn't feel condescending or demeaning, unlike nearly every piece of crap training video I've seen in the Navy.

Redux

great film. Why can't we have films that effective now adays? It got the point across, with humor and with a dose of reality. It didn't feel condescending or demeaning, unlike nearly every piece of crap training video I've seen in the Navy.

Welcome to the PC world, I'm glad I missed 99% of it because I doubt Id have survived. In fact we were taught NOT to be PC, the flick in question and our cadence of yesteryear proves it. ;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I was definitely born in the wrong era. You old guys got to have all the fun.

edit: what I wouldn't give to have privileges to add things to NKO. this would definitely go in place of my combating TIP training.

Redux

I was definitely born in the wrong era. You old guys got to have all the fun.

edit: what I wouldn't give to have privileges to add things to NKO. this would definitely go in place of my combating TIP training.

There's tradeoffs, we were poverty stricken but we had fun. When deadheading, transporting personal vehicles was a "gray area" MG Midgets and motorcycles in C118's did happen, mile high club was also a reality. :)

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I remember The Man From LOX from EA6B FRAMP 1985 at Whidbey Island; also remember a nice little tale of Fire On The Flight Deck staring the USS Forrestal. Incidentally, for my 3 cruises I lived under the #3 wire on the Forrestal.

Redux

I remember The Man From LOX from EA6B FRAMP 1985 at Whidbey Island; also remember a nice little tale of Fire On The Flight Deck staring the USS Forrestal. Incidentally, for my 3 cruises I lived under the #3 wire on the Forrestal.

If memory serves me correctly it was the Enterprise afire in the movie, I "think" it showed a micro second of the signature "robot island". I could be wrong, it's been years and years.