• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old school ASTB circa 1988

Pags

N/A
pilot
My grandfather said he took an aviation aptitude test at USNA in the 40s that sounded very similar to the ASTB; mechanical, math, visual, and personality. Apparently my grandfather had no desire to fly so he aced every part but the personality; for that section be purposefully picked the wrong answers. He was given an opportunity to "rethink" his personality answers but declined.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My grandfather said he took an aviation aptitude test at USNA in the 40s that sounded very similar to the ASTB; mechanical, math, visual, and personality.
What Pags describes here, sounds like the test I took while applying for the NAVCAD Program in 1956. It was then called the Aviation Aptitude Test (AAT), and was given me, along with the flight physical at NAS Quonset Pt, RI.:)
BzB

Attachments

• smile[1].png
    smile[1].png
    897 bytes · Views: 2

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What Pags describes here, sounds like the test I took while applying for the NAVCAD Program in 1956. It was then called the Aviation Aptitude Test (AAT), and was given me, along with the flight physical at NAS Quonset Pt, RI.:)
BzB
While there has always been a "Screening" test for aviation, they started changing the test to predict attrition/success.