• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old guys and OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spud184

I'm 35 with 4 years prior USMC. Talked to a recruiter here in OK last week and was told to start the paperwork as the 4 years is subtracted. When I was looking at the specialties the other day I noticed that many of them say "less than 35 - no waivers." I'd like to try for Intel.

Can anyone shed some light on how prior service applies or am I just wasting my time trying?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Your four years of active duty would mainly help you with the aviation fields, because they waive up to 48 months of active duty to get under the limit. I don't think you can be say, 37 with 4 years and be able to get under that 35 year limit. That sounds like a pretty hard cap. I'm a little surprised your recruiter told you that.

spud184

Well, I haven't gotten much info out of the guy either. I've decided to work through the EPSQ, my app, finish the motivation statement, and I've got letters of rec from 4 officers (one's my pastor). I'll complete the whole thing by this weekend. If I haven't heard back about my further questions I'll call him and tell him I'm ready. If he doesn't respond, I'll find someone who will.

I turned 35 only last month. I may be down, but I'm not out yet.

spud184

So do you know if the 4 years prior is a "waiver" or a credit? That's the one I'm concerned about most. The PRT, the testing, I'm prepared for all that. The Marine air wing taught me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.