• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ok... The truth (and nothing but) about SERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOPGUN1991

Naval Aviation Hopeful!
Hey guys... I have searched all over the net, but all I find are either embellished stories or one word sentences. I simply want the answer to a few questions:

1) In SERE, are they allowed to break any bones?
2) Is any form of electrical torture used? (car battery, Taser, etc)
3) Is any form of puncture torture (needles, injections, etc) used?
4) Do they know when to STOP?
5) Is it any different for NA's compared to Spec Ops, SEAL candidates, etc.?
and
6) What constitutes failing the course?

Any help on ANY of these would be greatly appreciated! And again, I know some things are classified and I will leave it at that... I am just asking for the most information you can give without it being classified (kinda like SERE...lol). Thank y'all so much in advance. Okay... fire away! ;)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Every one'a SERE experiences are a little different, depending on when they went through and the course is updates constantly... events happen differently for people, and sometimes shit happens... You fail the course if you are unable to complete the learning objectives, or get injured to the point where you cannot complete the training. Most people make it through without issue.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Hey guys... I have searched all over the net, but all I find are either embellished stories or one word sentences. I simply want the answer to a few questions:

and

Any help on ANY of these would be greatly appreciated! And again, I know some things are classified and I will leave it at that... I am just asking for the most information you can give without it being classified (kinda like SERE...lol). Thank y'all so much in advance. Okay... fire away! ;)

SERE sucks. That answers all of your questions.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor

and

Are you fucking serious?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You may encounter many situations in the program & the military in general, that 'suck' more than the ~one week of SERE. None of those will prepare you for the horrible situations you might have to face in a reaj survival,, or prisoner situation. Suffice it to say, it's a mini-OCS, and like a flight emergencies simulator, it helps to realistically prepare you to face the real thing. Don't overthink... it's not a thing to be feared, but to be endured!;)

Since SERE was established, many thousands have "survived" it, and hundreds have survived because of it.:)
BzB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.