• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Officer Training Command Newport" Facebook

Type "officer training command Newport" in your Facebook search bar. There you will find the official OCS Facebook, here you can find your class number. Also on this page are status updates and pictures for your family and friends to view and see where you are in training.

Renegade One

None
Fascinating…from the many, many photos, it would appear that 90 percent of training is "indoors"…P-ways, gyms, swim tanks, etc. Must be wintertime shots…which is probably why they left Pensacola…too much sunshine and sea breezes and fresh air to enable training.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Fascinating…from the many, many photos, it would appear that 90 percent of training is "indoors"…P-ways, gyms, swim tanks, etc. Must be wintertime shots…which is probably why they left Pensacola…too much sunshine and sea breezes and fresh air to enable training.

Indeed, in the winter in Newport it is almost a different program. A DI off line told me they can't stand it as it is a chore to simulate the outdoor experience indoors.

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
I wonder if there is a similar page for SNA's and SNFO's! I would assume not though, based on all the different training locations and lesser numbers. Great stuff though!

BackOrdered

Contributor
I wonder if there is a similar page for SNA's and SNFO's! I would assume not though, based on all the different training locations and lesser numbers. Great stuff though!

Command facebooks are en vogue so it wouldn't surprise me.

LET73

Nice photos, though as a Rhode Islander who went through OCS in Pensacola, I'll just go ahead and point out that Pensacola summers can be just about as brutal as Newport winters.

BigRed389

None
Nice photos, though as a Rhode Islander who went through OCS in Pensacola, I'll just go ahead and point out that Pensacola summers can be just about as brutal as Newport winters.

Going out on the town in whites in Pensacola summers beats Newport any day of the year though.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."

I'll take heat over cold any day.