• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

officer selection boards

PLCOSU

Roger that......by less than stellar, I mean less than stellar (231)...but its all good, quick! Robin to the FatMobile.

Feliks

Dont judge me new guy - oh wait...
batman527 said:
I believe that a "competitive application" has a PFT score of 225. I just got accepted to PLC 1st Increment scoring a 231, (11 pullups, 86 crunches, and a 19:40 run). So your score it pretty good considering, especially if you have strong references, GPA, the like. Does anyone know if getting selected at the March board is more difficult than one of the earlier boards?

Other than GPA, what sort of references do they look at?

Lawman

None
Feliks said:
Other than GPA, what sort of references do they look at?

Well rounded individual. They want to see that your outgoing, that you get involved and take charge in situations. So clubs, sports, charitys, anything that involves getting out and taking up a position of leadership. Also you've got your recommendation letters, these are money if you've got a couple employers and proffesors that really think you have your head on straight.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Roger that......by less than stellar, I mean less than stellar (231)...but its all good, quick! Robin to the FatMobile.

Whoa there motivator....when you are prepping for OCS the amount of time you have to workout and prepare solely for the PFT is of a much bigger magnitude than when you really start getting busy in your MOS. Yeah...maybe you can work like a maniac 4 hours and day and ace the PFT...but that really doesn't mean anything...get better than a 265-270 and you are fine...hell I know plenty of guys that score below 250..no big deal. I am not saying slack off by any means..but your priorities will change a bit because there will more on your plate. On paper, the difference between a 250 and a 300 is pretty minimal. I usually hit around a 280. It really isn't the end all, be all.

livefast

riotcoder: with your PFT score, you should be good to go. Don't sweat it. By the way, does your OSO talk to you? Didn't he explain anything?